• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the best sdrem for ocing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

i am completely new to this memory stuff, anyway, i just want to which brand of sdrem offers the best ocing stability and performace. I got curious when i something like mushkin or ocz sdrem, which are at some unbelievealbe prices....almost like the price of a decent CPU...:eek: are they worth it?

I don't know about this bad reputation that you guys say.. mine pc150 (originally pc133 7.5ns) does 172mhz 222 fastest timings..

But if there is a bad rep., go with crucial/micron or corsair

hey what mobo provides 170 mhz

tacobell said:
I don't know about this bad reputation that you guys say.. mine pc150 (originally pc133 7.5ns) does 172mhz 222 fastest timings..

But if there is a bad rep., go with crucial/micron or corsair

does abit provide so high mhz ? id like 2 buy abit board.
or did u do somthing with board 2 reach 170 bug ones :p id love to have fsp like that with my p3 733/133/256 :p hehee it could take me 2 heaven

my soyo goes as far as 166 no more

Last edited:
crucial, its cheap and the best. (best i've used and everybody else says its the best). i was able to get my pc133 256 cas2 (cas, a.k.a cl is the latency. lower is better, when you're buying ram it most likely will be cas3 unless said otherwise) stick to 154. the cas3 pc133 128mb micron-not curcial- stick i had w/ it was holding it back i bet, though it was able to keep up i was suprised. dont know how far i could have gone w/ it.

Well, thanks for all ya inputs first.....;) anywa, i think i once saw a review about that Corsair is the ram oc wise. uh...cas2 is faster than cas3, but it is not as stable as cas3, right? In any case, i decide to purchase Corsair pc 150 2-2-2...hope they will serve me good...:D

crucial is good, but if you get Kingmax pc150 youre guareanteed 150, and in some reviews i saw of it it got higher mem scores than crucial and oced higher (only like 5mhz though), and is 35$ shipped from pricewatch....

Back