• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unkown hardware on P5LD2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

srtdodge05

I just reloaded my machine, loaded all the drivers, chipset and windows updates. I cant find what his unknow hardware is.

Intel(R) 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Controller - 27B8

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,560
did you enable the raid on the ich7R in bios?

Since your screenie is in windows you must have used the ite ide interface for your hdd for windows.

If you don't have anything running on the ich7R you can just disable it in bios.
ie. no sata drives?

well i run the same config on mine ... i can only guess then that your bios setting for the sata interface must be something other than the default which is how i think i have it set on all my p5ld2's :shrug:

But, if everything is working ok, then i wouldn't worry about it.

The driver thats not installed is called ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY and you will find it under System devices in the Device Manager once the driver is installed, all you have to do to install the driver is insert the Asus Support CD and it should get installed automatically, or you can install either Asus PC Probe II or Asus AI Booster, doing any one of the three should install the missing driver for the unknown device.

Hope this helps!

:cool: ... i learn something new everyday :)

I guess that is why i have never seem it ... i always put asus probe on early during install at the same time i put the lan driver on from cd so i can get everything else from my main rig's download share.

it might be Intel High Definition Audio Bus. I had the same unknown hardware till I installed the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers which install The Audio Bus drivers.

wyemarn said:
it might be Intel High Definition Audio Bus. I had the same unknown hardware till I installed the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers which install The Audio Bus drivers.
This is an impossibility because the unknown device is on the "Intel(R) 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Controller - 27B8" and you will find that the "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio" is on the PCI bus.

Back