• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B vs P5B DLX vs P5NSLI vs Gigabyte D3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

z0n3

Do you need to update the bios for the p5b Dlx? What are the differences between the P5b and the P5b dlx besides two 16x PCI-E slots on the later? How are Nvidia chipsets handleing Conroe?

Of those listed in the title how are they clocking with Conroe's in order of highest to lowest?

atm p5b sucks for OC but p5b deluxe sings :D

both of them run conroe out of the box although once wxp loaded you should flash to current bios (asus windows utility works well).

can't comment on the p5nsli

p5b deluxe performs better folding for me at max stable OC than ds3 with my 6400 and memory ... p5b-d more expensive but more features too.

Last edited:
I'd say highest is p5b deluxe 500+(mine does 505 with a 7x mult)
then p5b 400+
then sli 350ish is what I read

and both p5b bourds should work out of the box with conroe, not sure about the sli board

toddm27 said:
I'd say highest is p5b deluxe 500+(mine does 505 with a 7x mult)
then p5b 400+
then sli 350ish is what I read

and both p5b bourds should work out of the box with conroe, not sure about the sli board

Have you seen 400+ from the plain p5b somewhere? ... I gave up on mine pretty early (350 fsb) , slapped a 930 in it for folding, and moved on the the p5b-d, ds3 and p5w dh with my e6400.

Could have been cuz it would only feed my mem 2.1V, but i am a bit suprised about getting over 400 fsb with no MCH V setting??

pscout said:
Have you seen 400+ from the plain p5b somewhere? ... I gave up on mine pretty early (350 fsb) , slapped a 930 in it for folding, and moved on the the p5b-d, ds3 and p5w dh with my e6400.

Could have been cuz it would only feed my mem 2.1V, but i am a bit suprised about getting over 400 fsb with no MCH V setting??

Read this at XS -> Asus P5B no Dlx @ 517Mhz Stock Air no Mod :D

-

all of these boards bios's are so immature they're all gonna do much better with some updates I'd imagine, really only time will tell

I heard that some of the P5bs are not coming Conroe ready. How much truth is there behind that.

Okay, I feel stupid asking this question, but I really really must know:

If the P5B DLX has 2 16x PCI-E slots, but does not support SLI/XFIRE, what in the world would I use the other 16x PCI-E slot for?

Fairly new at this new technology. The last board I touched was a P4P800. =(

z0n3 said:
Do you need to update the bios for the p5b Dlx? What are the differences between the P5b and the P5b dlx besides two 16x PCI-E slots on the later? How are Nvidia chipsets handleing Conroe?

Of those listed in the title how are they clocking with Conroe's in order of highest to lowest?

I'd stay away from the nVidia chipset intel boards... at least for now... do a post search on either the P5ND2-SLI or P5N32-SLI and you'll see the past track record on these boards.

The P5B DLX actually has 1x PCI-Ex16 slot (blue), and one PCI-Ex4 (black) slot that looks like its an x16.

~ Gos

ekoshyun said:
Okay, I feel stupid asking this question, but I really really must know:

If the P5B DLX has 2 16x PCI-E slots, but does not support SLI/XFIRE, what in the world would I use the other 16x PCI-E slot for?

Fairly new at this new technology. The last board I touched was a P4P800. =(

4 monitors

greenmaji said:
4 monitors

Are video cards the only thing you can plug into that black PCI slot? I seriously don't need 4 monitors, maybe the DS3 would be a better option for me?

The only thing you will get with the P5B Deluxe is the bios out of the box will force you to press F1 after the bios goes thru its thing. After you patch the BIOS its all good, but still works before.

Suggestions: Get the 0807 bios update on a floppy. Use the EZ flash utility in the BIOS, the windows method is far from effective. Then boom...All good :D

Back