• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend a mobo for my dumpster dive pc!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDXNC

Yesterday I acquired a Gateway 510 series system which was sitting out for trash. My best find ever even if it doesn't boot!

Specs:

P4 2.8/1M/800 Prescott socket 478
512MB PC3200 (2 x 256)
120GB IDE HDD
DVD-RW and DVD-ROM
FX 5200 AGP
SB Audigy 2 ZS

So after testing all the parts I concluded that the only thing that is dead is either the mobo. I don't have a board to test the cpu but I would bet its still good. Every other component works in my other systems.

This case takes mATX boards and it has a standard ATX psu so it will be an easy swap out. I'm not too well informed on the Intel based mATX boards so can someone recommend a good board to fit this system? I'd like to have OC abilities, nothing major, but I'm sure if this cpu works it could use a good OC'ing. I want to get as much Foldage out of it as I can :D

Thanks in advance.

any one of these will do as long as you dont oc. they are not meant for ocing but i would bet with something like clock gen you could.

price ranges from $44-$67 depends on you needs.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&description=&srchInDesc=&minPrice=&maxPrice=
if it is just a throw together box i would say the first mobo the asrock. one way to see if it has ocing options is to read the manul and look at the bios SS in it. LOL thats how i chose my LG-81.

Back