• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

these scores must be wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moeshka

Registered
i get these memory bandwidth scores from sisoft 2001te, surely these cant be right but ive done about 20 and they all pan out to around this figure

Memory Bandwidth Benchmark

Benchmark Results
RAM Bandwidth Int Buffered aEMMX/aSSE 997MB/s
RAM Bandwidth Float Buffered aEMMX/aSSE 992MB/s

Int Buffered aEMMX/aSSE (Integer STREAM) Results Breakdown
Assignment 999MB/s
Scaling 1000MB/s
Addition 994MB/s
Triad 995MB/s
Data Item Size 4-bytes / 32-bits
Buffering Used Yes
Bandwidth Efficiency 94% (estimated)

Float Buffered aEMMX/aSSE (Float STREAM) Results Breakdown
Assignment 1000MB/s
Scaling 1003MB/s
Addition 994MB/s
Triad 971MB/s
Data Item Size 8-bytes / 64-bits
Buffering Used Yes
Bandwidth Efficiency 93% (estimated)

can anyone help?

Those figures mean nothing to us without stating what CPU/memory and other components you are using. I would guess that you have quite a high specification system, but can give no comparison without details;)

sorry i forgot that bit....

1.3/200
1*128 (133) + 1* 256 (133)
kt7 board
regular settings 13*100
memory hst+pci

im getting a a7v266e and some crucial 256ddr 2100 but it looks as though my system is faster than that already, i dont get it?

That's some memory score for standard PC133, have you tried a different version of Sandra? I have read somewhere about problems with this version of Sandra, although I thought it was to do with Athlon XP's.
Looks like you're only about 70 miles up the coast from me. I'm about 7miles from Weymouth:p

how do u get the chart to print out or save as the 'floppy' icon is faded so i cant use it on the score box also tried ctrl +s, +c and alt+ print screen any ideas?

i'll go to 2001se and give that a go and let tou know

thanks

If you want to save a screen shot <ALT+Print Scrn> then open up a paint package (MS Paint is fine) then use<Edit/ paste> to, well paste the image in. You might like to change the image to a JPG as these display in the Threads. You can use IfanView to convert/Crop and re-size the image. It' free and available Here

Current Memory System Int ALU/RAM Bandwidth 483 MB/s
Current Memory System Float FPU/RAM Bandwidth 579 MB/s

Int ALU (Integer STREAM) Results Breakdown
Assignment 522MB/s
Scaling 460MB/s
Addition 481MB/s
Triad 472MB/s
Data Item Size 4-bytes / 32-bits

Float FPU (Float STREAM) Memory Results Breakdown
Assignment 557MB/s
Scaling 493MB/s
Addition 643MB/s
Triad 623MB/s
Data Item Size 8-bytes / 64-bits

i just got these from 2001se, and they appear a little more realistic

i think i'll still go with the m/b upgrade as my crucial ram has just come in the post

thanks for your help 13oots2

Glad that gave you a better result. good luck with the DDR upgrade it was a big improvement for me. These were my PC133 scores

I have my system currently running @

Cl = 2
SDRAM Latency = 0 out of 1
Memory Speed = Normal
FSB = 139
Multiplier = 11.5
Speed = 1600
DDR V = 2.7
Vcore = 1.82
FSB -> CPU -> DDR -> Pci = 3:3:1 out of 4:4:1
2 crucial sticks of 256mb of ram 1.5 days old. Pc 2100

Yet when I benchmark my ram 637:793 Why is this? Shouldn't it be higher?
If I can reach 12x134 670x870 with same settings only the Ram was on either Fast - Turbo But I beleive it crashe on my @ 134x12 on Fast/Turbo speeds.... Any suggestions on how I should set these up? I tried 10x150 and it totally crashed on me so I guess my mobo can't go that high? I tried 150 on CL2 SDRAM latency of 1. 4:4:1 FSB CPU DDR PCI and same voltages.

With speeds of RAM set to Normal.
Some helpful tips would help.

Last edited:
Back