• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus and OCZ Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a gig of OCZ Gold running in my main rig (Asus A8V--AMD board--with newest bios) and have had no problems thus far (installed it in March).

Maybe I should have been more specific, it seems the P5W DH and P5B are the problem boards in particular.

I have platinum XTC and i can't change the memory timings at all if I over clock - don't know if it's just me in specific but I have to keep the timings on auto. However, it doesn't hold back my overclock and I still get good benches.

updawg said:
I have platinum XTC and i can't change the memory timings at all if I over clock - don't know if it's just me in specific but I have to keep the timings on auto. However, it doesn't hold back my overclock and I still get good benches.

Well thats good hear, I always use Asus boards in my builds and didnt plan on changing now. Guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed, although I never removed the UPC for the rebate so I could probably still RMA it if the need arises. :rolleyes:

Back