• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing my D805 and 775Dual-VSTA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ceadda

I know this board/cpu have been posted before, but i encountered a new and interesting error!
I'm running:
ASROCK Dual-VSTA775
-Intel D805
-1GB OCZ Gold
-120GB IDE HDD, 300 GB SATA HDD
-LG DVD Burner
-eVGA 7600GT KO
So, i got 2.8ghz stable with no hiccups on this setup, and after intitial tests, i got it to 3.2-3.4 using FSB of 161-166, perfectly stable in windows, folded for 6hrs, no issues, ran 2x CPUBURN for 6hrs, no issue, etc. Perfectly stable in EVERYTHING, until...if i start a high draw Game, such as Oblivion/SWAT 4/etc the system loads the game, and begins play, then crashes the game, nicely. It doesnt destabelize the system, just ends the game. NO particulars, the errors are simply general protection fault according to SWAT's error checking. The thing i figure is this, the 7600gt has NO external power supply, it draws all its power from the MOBO, and i think my OC'd processor and my 7600GT together are drawing my vcore too low. Maybe i'm dumb and i dont know anything, but i doubt a 1.16Vcore durring heavy useage is good.
Anyone who has an idea, post plz! Any solutions/experiences with this type of rig?

600 watts, with 30amp on the 12v rail, i think its sufficient...i figure i just need a MOBO with VCORE adjustment.

Well, 3D stable can be different than prime and folding stable, however, all cases are different. What are you cooling the 805 with? Temps pls, sir. What's the RAM running at? CPU-z screenie, maybe?

ceadda,

Can you give me a run down on the settings you have in the bios? i cannot get my 805 D to run passed 140fsb

I'm running it with memory compatibility in the BIOS OFF and the ram settings set manually for timings and Dual CHannel on my OCZ Gold 2X 1GB chips. Also, i have the CPU bus and pci/pcie bus set to asynchronous so i dont fry my pci devices. THe pci/pcie bus is at its default clock. Other than that ther isnt anything exciting in the bios to tell about. This is all in version 1.7 btw. Also, i found i had to 'burn in' a new cpu setting, i would clock to 3.6 or 3.4 and have to fold oir use cpuz, etc. for a bit to get the system to work reliably at those speeds, seemed odd, but it worked each time...

In reply to the cooling post, i'm using a sunbeam cooler i forget the name but hres the specs: its 6 copper pipes feeding 12cm of heatsink fins, its topped by a 9.8cm fan at 2600rpm, the CPU almost never spikes 50deg.

Its stable and perfect at 2.8 but over that the power doesnt seem to be there.

Back