• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has my P4C800 Deluxe finally reach its end??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hempmaster

Registered
Hi,

I have the following setup

ASUS P4C800 Deluxe
P4 2.8c @ 3.1
Crucial Ballistix 2 x 512 PC4000s
BFG 6800 GT OC 256
Seagate 200GB SATA
Maxtor 80GB IDE

Whats been happening since the beginnning of the year is, that when I turn on my PC, the ASUS logo will come up and take absolutely ages to load, but eventually will load. Then slowly it got to a stage were it will take ages and then say:

"FLOPPY CONTROLLER FAILURE
PRESS F1 TO CONTINUE"

I would press F1 and it would continue fine, of course I canged my floppy drive adn cable, but only to have the same problem. Eventually it got worse, it would now get stuck on teh ASUS logo and not budge an inch!!. The few times I managed to get passed the screen adn even get intot eh BIOS, it would freeze in the BIOS. IT would also sometimes give me the messaeg that the CPU has overheated, but I have an external thermal controler adn teh temp is fine. But i didntget that much.

So I literally stripped teh whole thing to teh bone and rebuilt, even removing the CPU again and reapplyng the arctic silver.

Oncce I had done is it was fine, Ithoguth excellent ive sorted it no problems, but before you know it within 2 months it started again same symptons in the same order. I evetually contacted ASUS and they told me to rebuild it and put the latest BIOS on which I forgot to mentionI have already doen and had been working fine for over year. So I rebuilt it again and so on and now after a month is has staretd again, even get the odd blue screen of deatha dn random reboot.

What I was hoping was if anyone had any idea if it was teh motherboard or CPU causign teh issue, as I have already tried a differnt memery, as I have many workign sapres of them. It is hard enough to find these parts so if I could replace the right part woudl be a bonus. So if anyone could help I would appreciate it a lot.

Thanks

I have similar rig but no good answers. I would actually go back a version or 2 on the BIOS. Which one are you using? Can you disable the floppy and go with out it? Turn some unneeded devices off in the bios and see if it helps?

hi thanks for teh reply, well iv tried disabling the floppy, i have tried many things. The problem is the PC wont get past the the ASUS logo when you swicth it on, and if it does by any chance and i anage to get intot eh BIOS it will crash within about 10 seconds. So I have tried also to chaneg teh BIOS again but it wont get past the logo so it just dont work.

Hey now, I remember this happening to me after I upgraded my video card. It got stuck on the ASUS screen with some memory error crap. (Btw, using P4P800 Deluxe) I forgot how I fixed it. I remember trying to clear the CMOS a bunch of times, but I think it was a memory problem or something. Hell maybe there still is a problem and I just don't know it because I don't restart often.

I'm looking forward to upgrading to Conroe at the end of the month, I'm tired of my POS Prescott.

Back