• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B deluxe users...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rattle

How would you rate the onboard sound compared to a audigy 2 zs ?
I have this board on its way and I heard great things about the onboard sound, was wondering if anyone had a chance to compare.

alright I guess I will find out for myself lol

whats the easiest way to flash the bios on these and are you conroe guys using an official bios ?

ok LOL ONBOARD SOUND:bang head

how about you umm kill it... the audigy will sound so much better then the onboard sound chip. Hell even my aging A3D-2 SQ2500 sounds better then any onboard chip you can get. Execpt maybe the old soundstorm NV did along time ago. really dont use it, it is that bad.

Sound is such a subjective thing and I have not used an Audigy 2, although I used to have X-FI. I am very pleased with the HD Audio on both the P5B D and P5W DH and for my personal use could not think of any reason to change. They play sound and play it very well without distortion or other annoyances.

Like I said before, sound is subjective but I think the onboard sound works great on the P5B D. :)

S_Wilson said:
Sound is such a subjective thing and I have not used an Audigy 2, although I used to have X-FI. I am very pleased with the HD Audio on both the P5B D and P5W DH and for my personal use could not think of any reason to change. They play sound and play it very well without distortion or other annoyances.

Like I said before, sound is subjective but I think the onboard sound works great on the P5B D. :)

yeah man some comparison to xfi is worthy opinion to me I thank you, I listen to alot of music also so I was curious..

Rattle said:
yeah man some comparison to xfi is worthy opinion to me I thank you, I listen to alot of music also so I was curious..
soon enough after some "problems" show them self with the onboard audio you will be going to a add on card.

yeah I hear ya I do have a audigy 2 zs I was just wondering if the p5b deluxe onboard sound was better than the crappy Nf4 onboard I am used to lol.

So whats the easiest way to flash the bios on these boards, I used to just use diamond flash and floppy for my NF4 DFI....I hear Asus does it thru windows ?

Rattle said:
yeah I hear ya I do have a audigy 2 zs I was just wondering if the p5b deluxe onboard sound was better than the crappy Nf4 onboard I am used to lol.

So whats the easiest way to flash the bios on these boards, I used to just use diamond flash and floppy for my NF4 DFI....I hear Asus does it thru windows ?
yea you can do it thru windows and also dos as well. alot of motherboard makers are starting to make programs to flash your boards from windows.

Back