• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Headache and Sleeping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wizard james

last few days, i been having problems falling a sleep. even worse i have had 1 insane headache (i donno whats causing it... hope its not from what i think it could be..) its 4:50 am, sitting here in my chair with my headphones on.

my mothers been yellin at me to get to bed, but .. i just cant, i lay in bed for hours just thinking.. everything. infact, the more ithink, sometimes..the headache will go away, but when i think about the headache.. it comes back.
If anyone has anything to say on ideas of how to get to sleep.. or how to remove a headache.. Do please post.

And btw, a few days ago, was the 4 months of my stroke. Thank you so ..very very very much. it really helped me from gettting a too low of mood, keep me happy. i got still 60 dollers left over, and for me..wow i donno how i made that much last this long. But anyways, thank you so very much. i havent been posting all that much..not sure why, i just dont mind a need to post , or give my opinion on anything.. been spending alot of my time in irc.zirc.org #octeams , but anyways..

anything to sleep or get rid of a headache..

Last edited:
i fold a towel up to where it's shaped like a blindfold (long and narrow) and wrap it around my head over my eyes.

yeh.. spelling never was good..

Hmm, il try that in a bit

Anyone else?

Edit* so we got the towel thing on eyes.. il get that

Last edited:
i would try reducing your caffine intake... I did this and my headache frequency reduced greatly

UnseenMenace said:
i would try reducing your caffine intake... I did this and my headache frequency reduced greatly

been thinking about that myself, and thinking of what i had that had caffine, today all i had was a alittle bit of sprite, and a mouth full of pepsi .. and the last few days i havent had much either

Well, theres natural ways, and perscription ways. you can get beta blockers, the most popular on being "Inderal" which is very cheap, and effective. When I take it regulary, i get no headaches, but if you stop, you will have terrible headaches.

Before I started taking it, I found it helpful to take malox, and covering my forehead with an ice cold rag.

When you cant sleep, stare into a blacklight for a little while, and youll find it hard to not sleep. I have a medical illness called "cyclic vomting syndrome" and its triggered by migranes and headaches, so I know alot about them.

Reducing Caffeine may actually cause headaches. If your headache happened after you went to sleep it could be a nighttime migraine.

CGR said:
Reducing Caffeine may actually cause headaches. If your headache happened after you went to sleep it could be a nighttime migraine.

A nighttime migraine.. intresting..

i normaly get the worst ones around 2-3 am, and my thout goes all dry

a lack of caffeine..

CGR said:
Reducing Caffeine may actually cause headaches.

Correct. If you're going to wean yourself off of Pepsi or Redbull or whatever you're using for a caffeine fix (mine's coffee), do it gradually.

Try valerian root. Take a valerian root pill about an hour before you want to go to sleep and it could help because it relaxes you. It helped with my insomnia and migranes.

try more water. if your throats dry to boot,....

i saw somewhere that stated somewhere around 80% of the US population lives in a state of partial dehydration. 9 times outta 10 if i have a headache, lots of water helps tremendously.

Try running a few miles a day and doing some cardio. And stop drinking pops and juices. Stick with milk (not-chocolate, sugar bad) and water. That'll get you cleaned out in week or so.

Well, i guess i found out the main thing..

around..2 weeks ago my glasses broke, so i was using my backup's , that are just Very Very little weaker.. but when looking 15+ feet things get bluury..and i guess in a day, i got one really bad headache.

the rest was me not sleeping enough, (bad eh?) also for the caffeine, i dont nomraly drink much pop.. but i guess it does do something to me, keeps me clam.

but.. i still have bad sleeping patterins.. 5 am and i am posting this.. bad bad for me. but i took a nap yesterday .. kinda just layed on my bed and passed out.. when i woke up.. (i had a soccer ball on my bed) somehow i was holding onto it.. yeh.. lol

but for the last 2-3 hours, i have gone for SLI to single videocard to SLI and now back to single card.. somethin was wrong and windows went all messy..but it works now again..yay.. meh this is what i need..a blog.. who wants to help me do the styles??

The_Jizzler said:
i saw somewhere that stated somewhere around 80% of the US population lives in a state of partial dehydration. 9 times outta 10 if i have a headache, lots of water helps tremendously.
Yes, everyone should be drinking water throughout the entire day! You should probably have 80-100 ounces of water per day (throughout the day, not all at once). Don't just drink water when you're thirsty, otherwise the damage will have already been done.

http://nutrition.about.com/od/hydrationwater/a/waterarticle.htm

How to tell if you're dehydrated:
Symptoms of mild dehydration include chronic pains in joints and muscles,lower back pain, headaches, and constipation. A strong odor to your urine, along with a yellow or amber color indicates that you are not getting enough water.

How much water should you drink?
A good estimate is to take your body weight in pounds and divide that number in half. That gives you the number of ounces of water per day that you need to drink. For example, if you weigh 160 pounds, you should drink at least 80 ounces of water per day. If you exercise you should drink another 8 ounce glass of water for every 20 minutes you are active. If you drink coffee or alcohol, you should drink at least an equal amount of water. When you are traveling on an airplane, it is good to drink 8 ounces of water for every hour you are on board the plane. If you live in an arid climate, you should add another 2 servings per day. As you can see, your daily need for water can add up to quite a lot.

100 ounces of water seems like a lot but it's very easy to accomplish by keeping a water bottle with you and refilling it throughout the day.

For me, this is my life. I'm very prone to migrains very easily for no reason, and when I get them its basicly like getting your legs chopped off, you can't do anything.

When trying to go to sleep and I have all sorts of things on my mind, sorta like racing thoughts going by so fast it becomes overwhleming, you become destressed because you can't sleep because your mind is so damn loud, I've learned how to mentally over come this. I know it may sound simple but it really is.

When I lay down and I have a headache or I'm simply trying to sleep and my mind is racing like that, you need to pull yourself outta the thought process, realize, hey, I'm trying to friggin sleep. At that point I try to think 'blank' or think 'nothing or 'sleep'...outta no where thoughts start rushing, BLANK BLANK BLANK...sounds really really dumb but it works, and eventually I dose off.

or

If I sleep with my computer on...the sound of fans whirling causes me to get a migraine in my sleep and when I wake up I'm not someone you want to be around. I've found that wrapping a pillow around my head before I fall asleep is rather comfortable and blocks out much sound and I generally, 85 ~ 90% of the time wake up headacheless.

also

What do you take for headaches? I've found that only Excedrin (ibprofen) works VERY WELL. Not the normal dose you'd give someone but if its straight ibprofen, 800 ~ 1000mg is pretty close to the strength of Excedrin. Works pretty effectively for me.

Back