• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Canadian Post Office?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just Some Dude

Registered
I just ordered some items from a website store around the BC area. I was just wondering if there were any surprises that may cause a delay (customs,etc) ? Is the delivery time comparable, better, worse than the USPS?

I've always found Canada Post to be quite relyable, if not a bit expensive. I'd take them over a courier like UPS any day of the friggin' week. Depending on the item, it may get held at the border for inspection (electronics usually do) and you may have to pay customs or duties on it, too.

Canada Post is generally good. Couriers are generally.... I can't finish that sentence publicly, this is a "G" rated forum. Anyhow that's my opinion, take it for whatever you think it's worth.

depending on how much the store marks the value of your goods for and what they mark them as, you should be good for fees
i find that if its 100 bucks or less, no fees, and if they mark it as a gift (technically fraud, but you know people do it) :rolleyes: then you should have 0 chance of a fee for the most part

Sometimes stuff takes a long time to cross the border thanks to the terrorists. For that reason I have a Milboxes etc. address in Buffalo NY where I can get stuff sent to.

Back