• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel R440LX motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zulfy26

I've just recently obtained one of these beasts, and I've got a truck load of problems with it!

I'm running it with a 360w 24pin ATX Antec PSU
2x SL2HA PII ~300MHZ slot 1 Cpus
some SD ram :eek:

Planning to use this rig to host a bunch of hard drives. (3 or 4 IDE, and a couple SCSI).

The main road block I'm seeing right now is that the board doesn't appear to be reciving power from the PSU when I plug the P1 connector into the 24pin on the motherboard, but when I plug it into the 20pin labeled "reserved" by the manual and labeled J6G1 on the motherboard it appears to get power when I hit the power sw. But the board doesn't post when I do that, it just recieves power. (CPU Fans/etc come on)

I took the CPU's out of a different PII system that was working, so it can't be the CPU's so is there something I'm missing or is the board kaput?

is the board one of the newer dual slot 1's because if not it will need and apic module to run with both cpu's. Did you try to run it with one cpu instead of two?

Back