• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 no booting no posting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rbdaniel@bellso

Hello eveyone

I tried to boot my computer today and got no post at all. PC only shows
codes in mobo but it does not post. I tried a few things listed below, but I still got nothing. The display only shows "25" I do not think is "52" because I can read FF and other code while booting process.

* Tried a couple of times to reboot - nothing
* held down the "Insert" and "delete" keys - nothing.
* reset Cmos by both taking battery out and resetting pins - Nothing
* Tried other memmory i had - Nothing.
* Made sure all the connections where good - Nohing
* Disconect extra CR-Rom and Hard drive - Nothing

The only thing I see is the small display going thru sequence and stops at 25

Any ideas thank you

AI7 - P4 2.4C / Gskill PC-4000 tried old Samsung DDR-333

Thank you

Daniel Rodriguez

have you tried another video card or cpu by any chance? those are the only 2 things left to conclude the board might be dead. well what about another psu to try, crap that makes 3 things.

Look in your motherboard manual and see if it lists post code 25...if not, do a web search for the code and version of bios...

Also, does it do any beeping??? Do the fans come on??? Can you hear the hard drives spin up???

Try and relay as much info of to us of what the system IS doing, so maybe we can figure this out for you... :)

Hello guys

Thank you for your input. A little search in the web and found out code 25 is actually a Video card issue. I swap it with an 2 older cards I had and it booted. Tried again with the ATI original card and nothing. So I swap it with one of the newer cards and the PC is running. My wife mentioned we had a big power surge/outage earlier so that might hav been the cause.
I just contacted CyberPower UPS company about what happened. They told me to leave a message with a lady there about warranty. I am not sure how that works, but my PC was plugged the their UPS. I hope I get good help from them, I am too strap $$ to buy another card and supposely their is a warranty with their UPS's .. lol

Thank you for your help..

Daniel

Back