• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveS

I have posted this on several boards but noone can seem to help me with this.

I currently have 4 x 512Mb Corsair XMS2 6400 RAM but there seems to be a problem when using all four in my new motherboard (P5W DH). If I have all four sims in the computer wont post. nothing at all, just sits there. If I take out the Dimms from slots 1 and 2 the computer boots fine.

I then shut down the PC, take out the 2 "Working" sticks of RAM and put in the other 2 and the computer boots fine. If I put one of the 512's in to either slot 1 or 2 the computer wont boot.

I initially thought it was a motherboard problem so I contacted ASUS support and they suggested I return the motherboard which I did. Now I have just rebuilt my computer after I got a replacement today and the problem is still as I have described above so obviously the Mboard was not faulty and If I use 1 pair of RAM in any order as long as its in Dimms 3 and 4 the computer posts and boots no problems.

Has anyone else had the same or similar problems? I really have no idea now what to do. All 4 sticks of ram came out of my old Motherboard ( P5WD2-E Premium ) and they worked fine. :bang head

Back