• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus OC Software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DataCom

Registered
Does Asus have software to overclock from within windows?
I have a P5P800 SE and would like to finetune it in windows.
If not Asus any 3rd party software that will do this?

Thanks,
DataCom

I'll look clockgen up. is it available on this site?
I was also considering aibooster but I didn't recieve a copy of it on the Asus setup cd. Does it work on a P5P800 SE? Any ideas where I can get a copy of it?

Update: I downloaded that clockgen.
I also found AiBooster_V20068.zip but not sure if that will work on this board. I am only going to use it to fine tune as I saw a few posts saying it wasn't the best to use nor to use it when using the bios to OC. They said to use one or the other. I prefer using the bios.

Last edited:
there is asus's AI Booster i Belive it is free. i havent tryed it but i hear it is pretty good, you can only use on a asus board.

It is my understanding that the OC is better done in the BIOS. I have read it is not good to use both the BIOS OC settings & AI Booster at the same time. AI Booster is good to use to find the best OC settings then disable AI Booster and then set the FSB and any other settings in the BIOS.

DataCom

Often times however you cannot boot at settings that you are able to run with with AI Booster. I find that I can go higher within windows.

Back