• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oh crap,, lost some MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ymNA

hm..just did a volt mod and able to brought my cpu to 1027 (158 x 6.5) @ 1.95v.

But the problem is, one of my module lost like 125mb, windows report my module has only 131mb. Did I burn the ram? Maybe I got the cpu voltage too high? (tested @ 2.2v for about 40 minutes) helppp!!!

i don't think you can burn only half of your memory on 1 stick and still have the other half work... make sure you have it pushed in the slot all the way... or try just that one stick alone....thats all i can think of

Ive never heard of anyone doing this

try going back to default to see if you memory comes back

I think a 256mb stick is just 2 128 megs put together so I guess you could of burned one side of the stick

When running a stick of PC133 CAS#3 at CAS#2 at a high FSB I would lose 64Mb on occasions. Just pushing the memory too far was causing 64Mb to fail.

ya sometimes that does happen, i sold my old pc100 to a buddy and wen he got it it saw it as like 96mb of ram instead of 128, it ever got fixed

that happen only to one stick, the other is fine with the oc, and I tried with default speed, still the same. thanks guys

Back