• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH EZRAID help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ecca

I just build my cornroe build and this is my 1st time messing with RAID. I have 2 320gb hdds (the same exact ones) hooked up to EZ_Raid1 and EZ_Raid 2 (the orange sata ones)

The 1st boot I installed windows and it only recognized one hdd, so I installed windows to that drive. Aftyer installation I loaded the mobo CD and installed the EZbackupp manager then shut dfown, changed jumper to raid 0, turned it on, changed the correct setting in setup. Then I proceed to install windows and I see something like

Partition 1 300gb
Partition 2 300gb

So I formatted on the 1st drive and I can now see both drives in windows but they are shown as two seperate ones and the E drive has 0gb on it.

do I format on the 2nd drive or what, please help me.

Thanks, Ecca <3

I installed the utility again, it shows there is a rad 0 for 600gb but windows syas different in "My Computer" it shows the C drive having only 300gb and the E drive has nothing. If I double click the E drive, it asksd if I want to format it.

It's possibly still a bit messed up from having an initial install as a Raid1 (default) setup.

If I were in your shoes... I would be doing a fresh install, and formatting the drives when the install offers that option. You may even have to format twice, but once should do it. If I recall, you also have to set the 'bootrom' option to enabled in Bios.

fritzman said:
It's possibly still a bit messed up from having an initial install as a Raid1 (default) setup.

If I were in your shoes... I would be doing a fresh install, and formatting the drives when the install offers that option. You may even have to format twice, but once should do it. If I recall, you also have to set the 'bootrom' option to enabled in Bios.

Okay, if it works should I see the C as 300gb or 600gb?

Once set up correctly everywhere and formatted, you should see a single 600ish Gb drive

(My 2 x 250 setup shows up as 1 x 465Gb drive)

No prob's

I had all sorts of bothers setting mine up, but I was doing it with a 930 chip, and that somehow really seemed to make the board get ugly on me. Got the E6600 in there now, and she is real smooth.

Well, I followed your advice and it worked! I am so happy, thank you.

No sweat mate... that's what this forum is all about

I actually initially set my array up just like yours, but later moved it to SATA3 & SATA4 ports, and seemed to pick up a speed-boost (using hdtach).

May be worth thinking about, before you get too far in. (I can't remember whether or not I had to repair windows... I think I may have)

Cheers

Just a quick question. I have my EZBackup setup on two 250 gig drives. When I install windows, it only allows me to format 127 gigs worth. Is this a limitation of having a pre SP1 install disk?

So long since I did a fresh install using pre-SP2, but I think you are correct.

There are several very good threads about slipstreaming SP2 into a fresh CD with your XP install... I would suggest that may be the best path for you.

Back