• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Presler on Conroe Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JPM.

Registered
Hi
I'm looking at the P5W DH & the P5B Deluxe. I know there has been a lot of threads on this but I'm interested in Presler performance, not Conroe and that seems to be what most Conroe motherboard threads are about, funny that. .
Has anyone done much overclocking on either of these boards using Preslers and would 965 or 975 work better with Presler?

I haven't run a pressler in my p5b-d.

But I currently have a 930 c1 in a p5w dh ... it OC's about the same as in all my other 945, 955, and 975 asus mobos - it is dual folding atm at 280/4.2. The c stepping 930's are nice since they all seem to oc to 4.2 at 1.3875. B stepping's mostly need 1.425+ vc to hit 280+ fsb and some won't do it at all.

I doubt you would see much if any difference between your p5wd2-p and the p5w dh with your 950.

i was previously running an intel pentium D 930 @ 4.1Ghz using the P5W DH Deluxe...ran fine even with the stock bios. now its at bios 1205 running stable.

Back