• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can't o/c anymore??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
all in a sudden (I think from a bad o/c), my DS3 won't allow me to o/c anymore?? neither bios or easytune (both latest ver.)?? I can still change the voltage (cpu/memory), but whatever I set the cpu/fsb at, it just reset itself or won't take it??? I've tried to clean the cmos via pin and even tried to take out the battery, still no go...??? :confused: :bang head

try re-flashing the bios again to see if that helps. does it reset when you oc the fsb by just one or two mhz?

LandShark said:
all in a sudden (I think from a bad o/c), my DS3 won't allow me to o/c anymore?? neither bios or easytune (both latest ver.)?? I can still change the voltage (cpu/memory), but whatever I set the cpu/fsb at, it just reset itself or won't take it??? I've tried to clean the cmos via pin and even tried to take out the battery, still no go...??? :confused: :bang head

im having this same problem, except i wasn't able to OC it all. If i leave the FSB settings on auto and disabled (so i can't change the FSB) it boots fine, but if i even manually set the FSB to stock settings, it will attempt to boot and restart. Did you happen to figure out a solution?

I've read of some serious problems getting these gigabyte boards to reset.
like having to discharge the PSU, unplug everything, hit up the jumper and the CMOS battery.
I'm sure not all of them are that bad, but it might be worth a shot.

simalr problemon myds4 ,was doing 370 no probs then i thought id prise off the NB cap thingy to stick a fan on it. when i next rebooted all ocing went ! had to rest bios and go back to stock , im now fsb walled a t 330 ! hard locks a re a few mins at 240:(

yokomo_ said:
simalr problemon myds4 ,was doing 370 no probs then i thought id prise off the NB cap thingy to stick a fan on it. when i next rebooted all ocing went ! had to rest bios and go back to stock , im now fsb walled a t 330 ! hard locks a re a few mins at 240:(

That's an easy one. Put some ArticSilver on the NB and replace the original heatsink and just point a regular fan at it. Problem solved :beer:

I had this problem earlier, I reset the CMOS and all is well now.

I'm using the F6 BIOS, I am probably gonna be rolling back to the F5 BIOS, seems like I had better luck o/c'ing with it.

Back