• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5P800SE dual core problem, only 1 core works

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

I just upgraded from a p5p800VM to an SE version so I could overclock my 805, and once I got everything working I realized that only 1 of the cores is actually working. I open up cpuz and task manager and I only see 1 thread and 1 process graph. Is this a bios issue or could my cpu be busted? Im really confused because these boards are pretty similar and the VM had no trouble at all.

format your harddrive and reinstall everything

you should have done it in the first time instead of repairing windows ;)

exhortae said:
format your harddrive and reinstall everything

you should have done it in the first time instead of repairing windows ;)

I did do that... I had to do a complete reinstall cause I messed up my driver settings.

Merlin7777 said:
make sure that your task manager is set to display one graph for each core. Sometimes it is set to display only one combined graph.

I already checked that, its not just there, its even in cpuz and stuff like that. I noticed that my pc is more sluggish than normal when running multi apps as well as compared to my old board that had both cores working properly.

just to ask, you do have the latest bios installed, correct?

It seems that the bios have supported it since revision 503, so you should be okay. There was another mention of this same instance on the asus forum. That wouldn't be you, would it?

Last edited:
Merlin7777 said:
supposedly, other people have been using the 805 with this board for months now, but reported a problem with overclocking do to defect parts. Have you tried using a lower version of your bios? I know it is in conflict with the question posted above, but it would be good to know.

here is a link to the older versions.
ftp://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5P800 SE/

Ill tyake a look at it, im starting to think i may just format to see what I can get as a result... starting toget really annoying though

i have the p5p800vm and the same thing happened to me when i disabled the hyperthereding tech oprion in the bios so this may be the problem try enableing the hyperthreding option in the bios

In Device Manager, under Computer does it say "ACPI Multiprocessor PC" or single processor? If it says single, you need to reinstall your HAL.

Back