• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH Boot Issue... What's going on???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Diddy

This weird issue popped up on my system about 2 days ago. System specs are in my sig.

The issue is this.... When I turn my PC on after being shut off for say 12 hours the whole system powers on, but I never post. All the lights come on and the 1900xtx fan is wailing away, but nothing happens. As soon as I push the reset button on the front of my Tsunami Dream, the PC then boots fine with no issues.

It's almost like an OC fail type pf boot, but when it does boot, nothing comes up and it goes right into windows no problems. Any idea what's going on????

I think you answered your own question. Sounds like an OC failure to me. I'd either backoff the 3.4 and see if it acts normal or hit it with more core voltage.

The 1.48 Vcore is Orthos stable at these settings for 20+ hours so i don't think stability is an issue. And like I said, it just started doing this yesterday....

Ok, what the heck is that 5th option for RAM timings in the chipset BIOS menu???? I loosened it up from 4 to 5 and now the PC boots with no issue at all. Not sure just what the heck that thing is. Anyone know????

Also, I'm a little peeved because I cannot for the life of me get the system to POST with my RAM at 1040 Mhz. I know these GSkills are capable because I had no problem doing 4-4-4-12 at 1040 with my 920, but with this Conroe, it just won't happen, not matter what volts I throw at it.

Well, it was definitly that 5th RAM option there in the chipset menu in the BIOS.

Last night after I posted, I ran Orthos overnight at 378 FSB and 4:5 RAM 473 Mhz @ 4-4-4-12 and 4 for that fifth one and it failed after 4 1/2 hours. I forgot when I was 12+ stable, I was running my RAM at 1:1 378 Mhz @ 4-4-4-12.

I have it at 4:5 now, and am running the RAM at 473 Mhz 4-4-4-12 and 5 for the fifth one and I get this.....

stable.JPG

Looks like it plays a big part in RAM stability. Again, anyone know what it is???

Well, nevermind.... I went to turn on the PC again this morning and the same thing happened. It powered on, but no POST. I hit the reset and it POSTS fine.... :mad:

I was having similar kinds of problems with the p5b-d ... after reading some of ross's threads, i reduced some of my v settings from max and reboots now act as they should. Not really sure which one did it tho :shrug: I wasn't in the mood to go through all the combos.

different mobo but maybe there is a similar cause.

I also recently had to to a cmos reset ... i think bios setting had been getting screwed up cus zince i did the reset, it behaves much better when i am playing with bios settings :shrug:

Back