• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH - Resume from StandBy via USB Keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iamjcl

Wasn't ever able to do this on the P5WD2-E either. My keyboard is attached to a Hub - perhaps thats why I can't wake PC from standby ?

I can "power on" the PC with the KB if its OFF (when the USB hub is plugged into the proper USB socket on the back), but I can't resume from standby unless I press the POWER button on the pc itself.

Anybody have any ideas?

mr. roboto said:
I'm pretty sure theres a wake from usb option in the bios, make sure it's enabled.

I can't seem to find if if so.

There is a "PS/2" keyboard wake function, for sure, and PCi device, wake, modem wake, etc..., but no USB that I can tell.

Like I mentioned, if you plug the USB hub / device into one of the USB slots farthest away from the PSU-end of the board, any USB activity will turn-on the system, but not "wake" it from standby.

Thanks, though.

Good call, but no, there aren't (at least not in the manual - haven't looked at the board, though). Unlike P5WD2-E, but I couldn't make that board work either, even with those pins shorted.

Thanks

Issue solved:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~hveijk/mst/indexe.htm

Its a WinXP issue of some sort - this is an app. that checks / sets the registry for proper standby / resume operation - pretty cool, and it doesn't require install for basic operation.

Solved my problem in seconds - no BIOS changes needed at all.

This is the first big OC (50% +) I've had EVER that will go into S3 and come out, as well as do Speedstep (lower voltage and speed), totally and 100% reliably! Its great - like a store-bought Dell or something, only much, much, much, meaner...

Last edited:
Back