• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new P5b deluxe bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sweet but i cant see dropping that much for it when the p5w-d is what $10 more at the egg.

I dunno I never had an intel board till now and everyone said this was the one to get...

I have been able to get 450 with no trouble, I tried for 500 1:1 and it didnt fly even with a 6 multi...

I am priming 400x8 1.45vcore right now droops to 1.39 mem at 500 auto'd at 5-4-4-12 2.25vdimm

I have only had an allendale 6400 to run on it so far but for the allendales, i think the p5b-d board is better for oc'ing than the p5w-dh which seems to be too fsb limited for the lower multi allendales.

4:5 multi would be nice if i needed it but all my ddr2 mem is fast enuf for 1:1 or higher. but higher mem multis seem problematic ... I am keeping track of ross' thread on his discoveries of the myteries of the 965 and asus bios when it comes to memory sppeds and timings.

the reason to drop this much money on the p5b-d is because most of these mobos can take 500fsb without mods... some even 530

Back