• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS motherboard issues please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmbientFiction

Senior Folding Zombie
Somewhere in the top 100 folders for team 32
So I got this sweet CPU from a friend its an Intel P4 QHL6ES MALAY on a Socket 478 ECS P4vmm2 and after pulling out the celeron and dropping in the P4 I now have an issue with the fact there is no video and it loop boots so to speak it just keeps trying to post. I have tried every way I know to reset the bios minus pulling out the PLL style BIOS this is weird I can Jpbat jumper it I can't even get it to reset via pulling out the CR2032 bat.

Someone please help I haven't had much work on P4s I just know they are already becoming a huge pain in my a$$

Nice thing about this CPU is I think it has an unlockable Multi on it being its a lab grade CPU from INTEL too bad I can't get this puppy folding. Losing WU :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

i take it you didnt reset the cmos before putting the new cpu in...

Back