• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DQ6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soulrider4ever

Any one else got this yet?

I picked it up...I seem to be hitting a wall at 392 fsb :(

currently w/ e6600 now 9x392 = 3.5 ghz (stable)

soulrider4ever said:
Any one else got this yet?

I picked it up...I seem to be hitting a wall at 392 fsb :(

currently w/ e6600 now 9x392 = 3.5 ghz (stable)

DQ6 currently doesn't overclock as well as the DS3. I'm sure it will with new drivers... but it'll be a while before you see said drivers. They're putting all their energies into the DS3 boards because they know the DS3 is their meal ticket.

k_laurent02 said:
how can the ds3 be better than the dq6, when the dq6 has a much better northbridge cooler.
that means absolute crap...
thats like saying: my s478 2.8C chip should be so much better than a conroe chip because the conroe has a stock cooler, and my 2.8C has a cathar G7 storm waterblock on it

cooling isnt everything, tho it is alot, but the cooling on the NB nowadays is mostly for show

k_laurent02 said:
how can the ds3 be better than the dq6, when the dq6 has a much better northbridge cooler.

Hahaha! EVERYTHING on the DQ6 is mainly for show. Those 12 pipes you see aren't even real! LOL...

Trust me... you're much better off with a DS3. You'd save some money, too. Besides that quad SLI thing they made a while back I don't think Gigabyte has made a real deluxe motherboard in YEARS... if it ever has.

I got the dq6 mainly because its kentfield ready btw :)

Oh well, guess I'll just be waiting for bios updates. I was just really hoping for more from this mobo, as ive seen guys on other forums getting 480fsb out of it.

soulrider4ever said:
I got the dq6 mainly because its kentfield ready btw :)

Oh well, guess I'll just be waiting for bios updates. I was just really hoping for more from this mobo, as ive seen guys on other forums getting 480fsb out of it.

i believe that every conroe board is kentsfield ready witha bios update, or am i wrong there, i thought i read it somewhere

I just wanted to add that with the new beta bios f5d, I am no longer limited to 392 fsb! woot woot!

You have the same system as me, almost..

soulrider4ever said:
I just wanted to add that with the new beta bios f5d, I am no longer limited to 392 fsb! woot woot!

Bro, please help me out, i have the same MB and CPU as you :)
but im stuck at 3000 Mhz :(

can you point me in the right direction.
my goal is CPU at 3.400 and what ver i can get out os the ram :)

(Not stabel in games :( )
CPU Rate 9x
CPU Host ENABLED
CPU HOST FREQ 333
PCI-E 100
CIA2 DISABLED
Sys mem multiplie 2,66
DRAM TIMING Manuel
CAS 4
RAS TO CAS 4
RAS PRE 4
TRAS 12
ACT ACT DEL Auto
RANK WRITE 10
WRITE TO PREC 10
REFRESH TO ACT 0
READ to PRE 10
MEMORY PERF Normal
DIMM OVERV 0,200
PCI-E OVERV Normal
GMCh OVERV 0,10
FSB OVERV 0,10
CPU OVERV 1,400

Super PI: 1 MB Test 17.188 V 1.4 ? V 1.5
MHZ CPU 2,997
MHZ RAM CPUZ 888 Mhz In bios 886 Mhz

Thanks any help i would love :)
you can see my signature there is the system i have.

I have this board in right now as a back up till I get the one I really want, havnt oc'd yet cuz I am on stock cooler, but it feels pretty much the same as the p5b deluxe at stock.

thanks ive gone back to standard, as i simply cant get the system ro boot after shotdown if its OC. i can reboot fine, but if i take power, i have to go in and set default, reboot and then go back and set OC, then it runs fine untill i take power.

i had it whit this board :( dont buy it, its no good, to many problems :(

thanks all

Back