• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to disable wireless on the P5W DH?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AFAIK there is no way to dissable in bios. Your choices are to dissable it in windows, or to physicaly remove the wireless card from the mobo. Latter of the two being wwhat i did to mine.

Remove the wireless card from the MB, takes about a minutes if the board is not in a case. The wifi software that comes with the boad is REAL buggy, so I just took the card out, plus the board has dual-gigabit ethernet.

I use mine at my dorm. I can pick up the connection in the study lounge. (I have a really old and used lappy to take to the library and such). That software does kinda suck though...

The "Onboard" Wi-Fi sucks. Best to remove it from the board. If everything is already installed in your case, just disable it in windows device manager, OR don't install/uninstall the drivers.

What was Asus thinking with this cheap USB wireless card?

i ended up just removing the card, but left the bracket on the mobo. I removed the screw that attached the card to the bracket that secured it to the mobo.

Back