• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

590 Nforce

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
err wrong section.....

NV590 sometime this month is what i read/heard at xs forums. really dont can it cant oc worth a beans.

treatmentx said:
No one's answer that question yet

Evilsizer said:
sometime this month is what i read/heard at xs forums.

treatmentx said:
what's the big deal, the 400fsb wall?

Front side bus is how you overclock a processor (unless you get a CPU with an unlocked multi such as the X6800), and early reports are pointing tword it not being able to hold the bio's max of 400fsb. More like mid to high 300's FSB.

And if the NB cant handle FSB how well is it controlling memory, memory performance can be a consern for some.

greenmaji said:
Front side bus is how you overclock a processor (unless you get a CPU with an unlocked multi such as the X6800), and early reports are pointing tword it not being able to hold the bio's max of 400fsb. More like mid to high 300's FSB.

And if the NB cant handle FSB how well is it controlling memory, memory performance can be a consern for some.
nod which is why if i make up my mind in the next month or so in prolly snagging a p5w-dh or other high end p5w with out the wifi. For hacked driver sli, but i have been thinking about CF latly. That x1950xtx looks mighty tasty:drool: with Gddr4 ram on it.

greenmaji said:

I mean, i know how to OC, i know what fsb is, etc.. but what you're saying is, there's a max of 400fsb, but there's difficulty of the MB handling over mid-high 300's???

So even eith the recent advent of a BIOS that can unlock multiplier (ie ASUS), an e6700 is still not able to get over 10x multiplier max, so you're saying there's no way to get over 4.0ghz, and mid-high 3ghz is the ceiling, that's what you're saying??? But to even get to 4.0ghz, water-cooling is needed anyways, no? So 3rd party air is fine if i'm just aiming for mid-high 3ghz rite? Cuz i don't think i'm gonna spend $xxx on a motherboard, then another $xxx for water cooling, just for an extra 300mhz.

Oh, they forgot to mention, the endless BSOD's, countless OS reloads due to corruption, and If you get a ASUS board NO FRIGGIN TECH SUPPORT......

Your gonna be money ahead by gettin a INTEL chipset board that will actually OVERCLOCK.... Save your money and get a board that will perform, not this Nforce crap.. Unless your gonna run "stock" settings, then there is a chance the setup will be fine, maybe........:rolleyes:

No retail CPU has been unlocked.. it was a horrible lie of a rummor.
In other words, FSB is your only hope of getting a high overclock.

Retail CPU's need high Vcore and you have to tollerate high temps with air.
If you dont mind walking the line, its doable IMHO.

greenmaji said:
No retail CPU has been unlocked.. it was a horrible lie of a rummor.
In other words, FSB is your only hope of getting a high overclock.

The X6800 is unlocked and I am able to adjust it up or down on an ASUS P5N32 SE Deluxe board

toddd240 said:
The X6800 is unlocked and I am able to adjust it up or down on an ASUS P5N32 SE Deluxe board

Has been unlocked by the user, yours came that way ;)

btw.. It would be nice if you could give us a clue how that mobo performs, Sandra memory bandwith @ what CPU frequncy would be really cool IMHO :cool:

greenmaji said:
btw.. It would be nice if you could give us a clue how that mobo performs, Sandra memory bandwith @ what CPU frequncy would be really cool IMHO :cool:

I have had to go thru some trouble shooting. I updated my bios to 0305 from the stock 0204. My system was auto overclocking and causing instability issues. After I updated my bios it has been smooth sailing. I also had to put my old hard drives back in because the Raptor is dead so that was causing another issue.:bang head After I have resolved both those problems I am doing some oc'ing. I let you know.

I have to say, after I fixed both those issues the system rocks.

so most of you are recommending that 590 is a bad purchase

does that also imply that buying a board right now is perfectly fine because there is nothing really comming on the horizion?

thx in advance

Nick59007 said:
so most of you are recommending that 590 is a bad purchase

does that also imply that buying a board right now is perfectly fine because there is nothing really comming on the horizion?

thx in advance
if you got money to blow and dont want to oc then by all means buy the NV590.

the only board some people are looking forward to is the Abit AW9D-MAX board. other with less funds are waiting for the Asus P5B-E to hit the stores.

Back