• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking Intel D975XBX multiplier w/conroe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pvnarc

Registered
I know it can be done, but how can you unlock this board to open up the overclocking features? I've looked several places but haven't found any solid answers.

so i unlocked the bios and have full access to the oc settings.........and when i change the fsb frequency to 1333 cpu-z does not recognize the change. the bios reads the cpu speed at over 4.5 ghz but cpu-z reads the stock 2.4ghz of the e6600. ive tried upping the voltage on the vcore slightly with no avail. anything i can try?

The 1333 strap is VERY picky on the D975XBX... what BIOS are you using, and does it read correctly on the 1066 strap???

BTW, the memory dividers do not work properly on the 1333 strap so be careful if you get it to work...for me the memory dividers were the same in 1066 or 1333 strap..

Back