• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W-DH CPU Temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wwing49

Right now in AI Booster (the ocing utility that came with it) that my temp is 26C. This cant be right... Are there any known issues where it reports a certain amout low or anything?

I have an E6600
Ultra 120 with some fan at ~1200RPMs
Zalman Thermal Grease

use the program called CoreTemp, it's supposedly the most accurate, you'll probably notice like a 15C increase in temp.

lol...i have 22C on Asus Probe now...
let me run that program and see...

ok, now i have 40C on core temp

You'd think Asus would have done something like build a ratio into the system, so that it does actually resemble a real temp, now wouldn't you.

Thought I was nice and safe, running ORTHOS, then started using CoreTemp... wow... sometimes it actually hits 62 degrees!

i think there are somethign wrong w/ asus probe 2 and speed fan
they both have reading of 128C this morning and Coretemp only have a reading of 46C

inclemental said:
i think there are somethign wrong w/ asus probe 2 and speed fan
they both have reading of 128C this morning and Coretemp only have a reading of 46C

Yeah, asus makes mobos I fully understand why their programs are flawed. :cough: WiFi card :cough:

Wwing49 said:
Yeah, asus makes mobos I fully understand why their programs are flawed. :cough: WiFi card :cough:

wifi is not that bad...its quite fast acutally...

inclemental said:
wifi is not that bad...its quite fast acutally...

The packet loss is huge, the access point software is tempermental (in my experience) and for use in a desktop (non mobile) with DUAL gigabit ethernet, it seems like a conflict of interests.

Wwing49 said:
The packet loss is huge, the access point software is tempermental (in my experience) and for use in a desktop (non mobile) with DUAL gigabit ethernet, it seems like a conflict of interests.

i've my machine far away from the cable...so i only able to access internet by wireless.
the speed i experience is fast compare to other brands wireless device...
of course u would never compare wireless to wired

if i ever have a cable around me, i am sure that i will use wired instead...

Wwing49 said:

I'm with you.

I run an ADSL modem and an AP, both plugged into a gigabit switch. Haven't even bothered unpacking the Asus wifi stuff.

Hey i was looking at asus prob and was wondering what the MB temp is actually recording... is that the chipset? or somewhere else?

I think it was described it subtracts delta t from the tcase temp which is set at 85, but it is supposed to be set at 100C, thats why it varys by 15 C

Back