• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5W DH Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chad44

Registered
Anyone know where i can find the Asus P5W DH Deluxe for the lowest price

Unless you want Crossfire Support, don't buy the P5W DH. Crossfire is about the only thing the P5B Deluxe does not have, that the P5W DH does. The P5B overclocks wayyy better.

Looks like he went with the P5B so he could get a little better clocks.

I got the P5W DH because I plan on CF and I rather have that than a little higher FSB. Just my choice though, both boards are great.

crfracer290 said:
Looks like he went with the P5B so he could get a little better clocks.
Not really, I simiply realized that I don't need crosfire setup, single high end card will do for me. Both motherboards overclock about the same with my e6600. Maybe p5b is little better. P5w has about 0.5-1.0v vdroop and p5b has 0.25v-0.5v vdroop. Northbridge on p5w is runs very hot and might need additional cooling, Northbridge on p5b can be cooled with the fan that came with it.

I am under the impression that the new bios helps this overclocking issue with the dh...not tried it yet. Also, the p5b will not allow for setting the mulp on your cpu up and down like the DH will, at least if you are lucky enough to have a cpu that will unlock anyhow. The DH will also support SLI when Nvidia is done testing the drivers for it, and the 975 simply handles memory better (speedwise). There are other issues I am forgetting that led me to not wait for the P5B at the time...I am forgetting now........

Back