• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5LD2-VM PD805 oc wall

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brokenrgv

Hi first post nice to be here, after reading toms hardware and being inspired to get more into oc I went out and bought the above mb and a Pent D 805 but have since hit a wall at 3 gig htz fsb 151, wont go any higher which dissapointed me running 1 gig of pqi 667 mhtz dual channel ram http://www.umart.com.au/newindex2.phtml?bid=5
ive tried increasing core voltage as well but alas no higher will it go, im sure ive read others with this board achieved higher results than this, is there something
im doing wrong or is it the fact its a relatively cheap board thats holding me back? thanks for the patience.

thats awesome worked a treat, im now currently sitting at 176 mhtz fsb which is 3.5 ghtz but have hit another wall wont go past it again, what would be the next step, sits on 42 deg idle so its not heat probs yet, thanks for the last tip that was awesome great increase, im using auto voltage for the core so would voltage increase "unlock" it past this wall again or is there something else before I start mucking around with voltage increases?

Glad to hear that, good OC is an art, lots of efforts & patience, good quality material and of course don't forget "luck". :D

Now try clean those nb & sb hsf thermal paste and use a decent AS5 paste and make sure it is seated properly especially on the nb chip. Expecting some increase from that changes.

Don't forget, on that mid class mobo, a good HSF is better than the stock intel cooler. Good luck on yer quest.

Last edited:
mm cleaned and used as5 on the chip hs nearest the cpu what ever that one is south or north but no difference still wont go beyond 176 fsb or 3.5 ghtz :bang head would this be the point to increase core voltage or is there something else thats stopping me, dont get me wrong im happy with the current oc but you know what its like :) ps allready using a zalman 7700cu dont think its cooling just yet though its like a setting holding me back

First of all, WELCOME:beer:

Now, you might want to check to make sure your memory isn't being clocked too high....you are currently running over 700mhz on the ram. Maybe try cranking down the timings a little...You might need more voltage to the ram as well. What is your current Vcore? Also, see if you can boost the MCH up in voltage. Voltage is most likely your problem here...

Dram CAS latency-4
Dram RAS Precharge-4
Dram RAS to CAS Delay-4
Dram RAS Activate to precharge-12
Dram Activate write recovery time-3

In Bios Vcore ranges from 1.320-1.344 still on auto though
Memory voltage currently sitting on 1.904v
Mch is still on auto, i think i had the options of 1.5,1.6,1.7 from memory could be wrong but still on auto

thanks for the interest btw :)

Good Grief give that thing some juice! It needs more Vcore for sure. You have reached the magic area of the 805 chip where a vcore is definitely needed. To run stable at 3.93 ghz I am set at 1.43v, 24/7 for months. I have needed over 1.6v to achieve 4.4ghz. Do not be afraid to increase to what you need. That chip will handle a hell of alot.

so would i start at the upper voltage range that ive seen in bios this vcore fluctuate at and work up from there or just wack it up to 1.4v and if that doesnt allow posting go up further, obviously if it posts then you would lower the voltage to the lowest it will allow posting at. (phew what a mouthfull)When oc'd to 3.5 ive noticed in bios that vcore is 1.4 and higher, must scale up the voltage in auto mode.
ps does my memory setting look ok, got the figures from the site where i bought the ram from (4-4-4-12)

ok tried upping the voltage bit by bit but no good even went as far as 1.65v vcore (desperate attempt) somethings holding it back just wont post above 176 mhtz fsb

ok im past the 176 mhtz barrier but ive had to wind the pcie to 119 mhtz, in fact I wound it right up to 132 with incremental fsb increases right up to 195 fsb which is 3.9 ghtz would boot into bios right up to that point using 132 pcie but when tried to boot into windows it was like place boot media and try again like i had no hd so wound back to 119 pcie 178 fsb=3.55 ghtz which im in now, so ive seen 3.9ghtz in bios but not windows any more tips ;)
im loosing detected sata hd in bios even, once pcie is past the 120 mhtz mark still have a cd rom though, shame

Last edited:
Back