• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

conroe Mobo compatable ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ares350

this is a memory question, but directly relating to the conroe mobo.

trying to avoid memory conflicts. what is going to be a good choice for compatable ram around 200-250$ for 2x1024mb? what are people running that works?

Becareful I don't think those G.Skills will post in a DS3 or a P5B motherboard, the boards bios boots stock at 1.8vdimm, those sticks need at least 2v to post. Other then that its great memory.

first tell us the mobo you want to get. then we can say for sure if you will have problems or not with what ram. give us a list of ram you are looking at as well as the mobo.

mobo is
GIGABYTE GA-965P-DQ6 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

(havent heard anything bad about this or anything better for that matter)

and the ram I was looking at was
OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ2P8002GK - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820227089

as long as I made this thread in the mobo forums, feel free to tell me if my mobo choice is a bad one.

I see alot are suggesting the asus p5b deluxe or the DS3.

for the record, I do not really plan to OC at all. maybe Ill bump the FSB a few pegs if possible, but nothing extreme at all. definitly wont be touching the voltage settings. I wont be using this computer; building it for a friend.

Last edited:
G.skill OCZ and Crossair are all hard to go wrong with.Crosair xms would be good if you were getting the ds3 just because it seems to be the most relible for booting at 1.8v .
@ares The p5b dh is a enthusist board. The ds3 is really for overclocking. If you dont want either , the Asrock seems a good choice.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=472852

Last edited:
Back