• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q about ram and ds3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
so, apparenty if i try to run my ram over 900fsb @ 2v on auto timings (5-7-7-23) its not stable, often i cant even boot into windows!
when i try to run 2.2v through it, for higher fsb and lower timings i cant even get the intial boot! - i just get a series of restarts/attemps to boot
(on my p5b-d it can run 4-4-4-12 @ 450fsb via 2.2v)
but @ 450fsb w/ram on auto, its stable!

so do i need new ram?

the DS3 is known very picky about ram... I couldn't get my 2 set of Corsair 5400C4 to work w/ it!! :bang head however, my Gskill 2gb HZ ram works like a champ on it, tested up to 1000mhz w/ 2.1v, no problem.

Crucial Ballistix boots fine at stock voltage (rated 2.2)
OCZ Plat no boot for me.

Edit** I guess I could give a bit more info.

The ds3 seems to just run out of steam past a certain FSB. My memory will do 900 speeds no problem at say 300 fsb with a a 3x on the mem. However I can not run (as of right now) 450 x2 because the chipset won't hold up. I am going to add some additional cooling to the chipset and go from there.

I can't say 100% that my memory is not giving me trouble at these speeds, but I am pretty sure its the board.

YRMV

Last edited:
I have a Ds3 with 2x1GB Gskill PC6400 HZ series ram, this stuff is really kick arse 4,4,4,12 I have a E6300 on it at 400x7 = 2.8 all I did was up vcore 1 adjustment and vdim by .1 up as well as fsb voltage by .1 . I dropped the ram multi from 1:1 to the second so at 400x7 ram is running 1000 I am at 2.8 orthos dual stable with load temps of 41 after 4hrs. I am gonna bump up next to 410 then 415 then 420 then 425. I just want 3 out of the 6300 but I think 3.2 is do-able Using an Arctic Freezer Pro 7 with Antec Neo HE 550 w. I have no clue what bios is on board it has not been changed since bought, looks as though F3 and I ahve really no clue of the bios I just made 3 changes. Plan to read a bit more and see how far this ram can go 1:1

I have left mem timings at auto so I have no clue what they are even at, board did boot fine when I first installed everything with bios settings all at default

Back