• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mobo - ASUS P5W64 WS Professional

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UglyChild

Evolving the ASUS P5W series of mainboards to what we presume is its pinnacle, the P5W64 WS Pro seems to be almost the perfect mainboard for the power-hungry high-end PC user that wants to run Core 2 Duo or upcoming quad-core 'Kentsfield' processors.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=6635&page=2

boardbigsmallem2.jpg

So its kentsfield compatible eeh? Do you know if the P5WDH Deluxe will be Kentsfield compatible? I just bought a P5WDH and had an oppurtunity to get this board here but passed it up. Looks like I should have gotten this one...:confused:

I thought it was confirmed over at XS that the P5W DH would support kentsfield?

Alchemy1 said:

I don't spend very much time over there. But that makes me feel very good about my upgrade future

Alchemy1 said:

From what I have seen, all 975X with VRM11 support Kentsfield, and Core 2 Quad. For 965 though, not all will support Kentsfield\Core 2 Quad.

Audioaficionado said:
This is looking like a killer low cost high performing workstation board.

It's got that matrix raid for fast boot/OS/apps and PCI-X for some nice SAS RAID storage controller cards too.

By the time I could swing the bux, Kentsfield will be out.

Another of many posts about this board:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=109572

These are PCI-E's.. there is another WS board that has dual PCI-X's
SAS PCI-E adaptors :drool:
ewiz has it for just under 300
and DUMO is clocking it to 480FSB so far :eek:

more results and this could be a serious winner in the 975X chipset class.

the p5w64 is about £30 more than i paid for my DFI Expert.

considering it's workstation class/quality and it's overclocking potentital so far i'd say it's a killer board.

could build an insanely powerful gaming + workstation box around this board.

@Audioaficionado.. you might want to keep an eye out on the FSB performance of the P5WDG2 WS Professional, the 64 seems to be clocking better.
If you already have PCI-X controllers that are going to bite you in the rear to turn around to get PCI-E then the point might be mute.

The P5W64 WS is my target platform since it has more flexability and states it's quad core ready. If the initial Kentsfield offerings are too spendy, then I'll just snag an Allendale to bide my time until Kentsfields should become more reasonabley priced.

Back