• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another P5W DH issue...please help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
I think I got all the quirks figured out, but this one isn't going away. When I shut down my computer, it turns back on. I then have to manually hold the power button, which sends it into that stupid safety thing on the next boot saying my overclocking failed. No, it didn't fail. Every time I shut down, it turns back on! It's dang frustrating.

-Collin-

Do you have the software for the remote it comes with installed? and do you have the power on after power off option on?
Mine was starting up by it self when I switched my power supply on, when I was using the remote. It was weird.
I think this has something to do with the remotes ability of being able to power the PC on.

Last edited:
Hey guys....

Thanks for the responses. I will try both of those options tomorrow. I think it has to do with the remote. I think gautam had similar troubles...gotta love it. :(

-Collin-

It is probably some USB device which is plugged into one of the two "sensing" USB ports. I think the two closest to the PSU are the ones which are sensing (will turn on your PC if any USB activity is sensed). The ones closest to the PCI slots I think are the "dumb" ports - try those, and I bet your issue will go away.

iamjcl said:
It is probably some USB device which is plugged into one of the two "sensing" USB ports. I think the two closest to the PCI slots are the ones which are sensing (will turn on your PC if any USB activity is sensed). The ones closest to the PSU I think are the "dumb" ports - try those, and I bet your issue will go away.

Fixed.

Back