• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AB9-Pro + 6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheCor4D

Hey guys, i just got my order of stuff in and i have it all put in and what not.

ab9 pro
e6300
2x1gb patriot 667
bfg 7600gt
seagate 7200.10
maxtor diamond 10
Ultra x-connect 500w
water cooled with a WW/eheim 1250/and too small of a rad.

Anyways...

I go and try to install windows xp. I tell it to use the intel sata drivers that came on the supplied disc, and when it gets to the part where it says "Preparing to start windows" on the bottom of the status bar, (before you format or anything), i get a BSOD..... it says

"Check for visuses on your computer remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated..."

STOP: 0x0000007b (0xf78e63c, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have tried to use both hard drives and it does it to both of them. I have even tried to use my trial version of server 2003 enterprise edition (just opened so there are no scratches on the disc or anything). I have tried 2 different windows XP CDs and it still gives me the problem.

I have reseated the hard drives many many times. I went in the bios and changed the intel sata from "IDE" mode to ACHI (cant remember if that is the acronym or not). When i do that and i forget to tell it to use the intel thing, it gets past the part, but then it says that i have no working hard drives to install windows on.

I have tried all 3 different sata controllers and different ports within each port...

I am not sure what bios im running, i think the date is 8/9/06, i have not updated it, it is stock. I have no way of getting a floppy or cd made for a newer version right now...

Are there some things i am missing? This is really ****ing me off, i have spent all damn day trying to get this working and i keep getting slapped in the face...

The thing that really ****es me off is that i have my old windows installed on the maxtor drive (upgraded from an amd xp2500+) and i was actually able to boot all the way into windows. I couldnt really do much, but i was able to log in and look around the drive and to open a txt file and picture. I am running out of things to try, any advice would be great.

Sorry for the long post

i am not sure if this is going to help me at all but i searched that 0000007b stop code and got this website, http://www.windowsfordevices.com/articles/AT6380158626.html

It basically says that there is an issue with some part of the pci bus, or controller. So i guess i need to get different disks of the sata controller drivers so that windows xp will be able to acess the drive??

This really cant be the issue, or other people would have it too, and that would demolish their sales, so im assuming i have either bad parts or bad drivers. not sure where to take it from here...

TheCor4D said:
Hey guys, i just got my order of stuff in and i have it all put in and what not.

ab9 pro
e6300
2x1gb patriot 667
bfg 7600gt
seagate 7200.10
maxtor diamond 10
Ultra x-connect 500w
water cooled with a WW/eheim 1250/and too small of a rad.

Anyways...

I go and try to install windows xp. I tell it to use the intel sata drivers that came on the supplied disc, and when it gets to the part where it says "Preparing to start windows" on the bottom of the status bar, (before you format or anything), i get a BSOD..... it says

"Check for visuses on your computer remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated..."

STOP: 0x0000007b (0xf78e63c, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have tried to use both hard drives and it does it to both of them. I have even tried to use my trial version of server 2003 enterprise edition (just opened so there are no scratches on the disc or anything). I have tried 2 different windows XP CDs and it still gives me the problem.

I have reseated the hard drives many many times. I went in the bios and changed the intel sata from "IDE" mode to ACHI (cant remember if that is the acronym or not). When i do that and i forget to tell it to use the intel thing, it gets past the part, but then it says that i have no working hard drives to install windows on.

I have tried all 3 different sata controllers and different ports within each port...

I am not sure what bios im running, i think the date is 8/9/06, i have not updated it, it is stock. I have no way of getting a floppy or cd made for a newer version right now...

Are there some things i am missing? This is really ****ing me off, i have spent all damn day trying to get this working and i keep getting slapped in the face...

The thing that really ****es me off is that i have my old windows installed on the maxtor drive (upgraded from an amd xp2500+) and i was actually able to boot all the way into windows. I couldnt really do much, but i was able to log in and look around the drive and to open a txt file and picture. I am running out of things to try, any advice would be great.

Sorry for the long post

Well this is easy enough. I get that error all the time. Just hit F8 and choose "Last known good drivers". NEVER install the SATA drivers that come with a motherboard. Never, ever, EVER. ESPECIALLY not Abit drivers. I just spent a week of pure hell dealing with Gigabyte drivers. You'll have to download updated Intel drivers... which should uninstall the Intel drivers. That's what the new Gigabyte drivers did.

rainless said:
Well this is easy enough. I get that error all the time. Just hit F8 and choose "Last known good drivers". NEVER install the SATA drivers that come with a motherboard. Never, ever, EVER. ESPECIALLY not Abit drivers. I just spent a week of pure hell dealing with Gigabyte drivers. You'll have to download updated Intel drivers... which should uninstall the Intel drivers. That's what the new Gigabyte drivers did.
no no bad... its well known at and posted about over at abits site about this. when installing windows all 3 of the drivers for the jmicron and SIL and intle raid need to be installed. Funny rain the 965 chipset is new and intel has the same version on there site at the time of release for the controllers release. Jmicron on the other hand after looking for a while on there site does not list drivers.

In the end you need to have a floppy or Slipstream all the drivers from the disks for everything to work correctly. on a side note if you have a usb thumb drive you can load the bios BIN file and Flash util to update the bios but that will not fix the current problem.

not sure of the bios settings but it shouldn't be in raid mode if you are not actually using raid.

also, dont they have something like EIDE mode in bios for sata? this way you don't need any drivers during install.

Evil is correct, there is a long thread about this over at Abit forum. During the XP install, you have to press F6 when prompted to use third party drivers. You need to load the Jmicron and Intel drivers from the provided floppy disks.

yes and abit has the 1.4 bios out that fixes this problem while not listed on the ftp there are users that were emails the bios. it is a offical one and should be up on the abit ftp on monday.

Ok get this... I turn on my computer this morning, do absolutly nothing, i mean NOTHING, to it. Let the CD in the drive boot and what not, load the JMicron drivers (that is the last port i tried last night before i gave up) and then poof, it worked. The downside to this story... I had the server 2003 CD in the drive, lol. So now i have server 2003 all set up :)

Guess it is time to press my luck with XP again. Hopefully it will work. I will have to get that new bios on monday then.

Thanks for the help with those sata drivers. I will try to load all of them when i install xp this time and see if that helps my problem. One of the times i installed the intel and the Sil drivers, but not the jmicron. Now i will have to try all 3.

Ok, so now im in windows xp and all is working. However, my temps are through the ROOOOF. I do not understand. I have my waterblock sitting pretty damn tight on the SPU but im constantly sitting in the 74-77c range. It shut off on me a little bit ago for going up to 82... The temps are bouncing around, they went from 61 to 76 back to 71 just in the time i have been writing this. My water was working perfectly before i went to this new thing. Unless this new block that i bought sucks (which is just the LE version of the WW) there is something wrong.

I have reseated it twice. Reapplied AS5 to it twice and it doesnt seem to do anything to the temps.

On a side note, im going to go DL that new bios and see how that works for me, maybe it will even give me a different temp report? :p i wish

Back