• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS nForce 590 Chipset, Already?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not to mention its not supposed to get over 350fsb..... Thats only 25fsb more than its predicessor. Has anyone else noticed that when places review the Nforce boards, its ALWAYS with the $1000 procs, that have unlocked multi's??

What they need is a REAL review with 6300-6700 series procs, and SHOW where the fsb is limited, that would sway MANY from the Nvidia smoke and mirrors SLI fiasco....:rolleyes:

dicecca112 said:
it'll be a cold day in you know where when I pay 300$ for a mobo

And a colder day when I pay anything for one that overclocks FSB 100mhz slower then the competion (CF compatable)

And yes there are some that actually buy an X6800 and don't care (I don't know why exactly more FSB=more performance) but what the hay.

Thats right, quad SLI and benching 3Dmark06, wait a second, you don't do that? There goes that idea.. :p

screwtech02 said:
Not to mention its not supposed to get over 350fsb..... Thats only 25fsb more than its predicessor. Has anyone else noticed that when places review the Nforce boards, its ALWAYS with the $1000 procs, that have unlocked multi's??

What they need is a REAL review with 6300-6700 series procs, and SHOW where the fsb is limited, that would sway MANY from the Nvidia smoke and mirrors SLI fiasco....:rolleyes:

You have it backwards. The reason WHY they use processors with unlocked multis is so they can turn down the multiplier, and find out where the FSB barrier is. If they used one with a locked multiplier, they would not be able to tell if it was an FSB or a CPU wall they were hitting.

JudgeDredd said:
You have it backwards. The reason WHY they use processors with unlocked multis is so they can turn down the multiplier, and find out where the FSB barrier is. If they used one with a locked multiplier, they would not be able to tell if it was an FSB or a CPU wall they were hitting.

All C2D's can be clocked down to the 6 muliti though bios on some or though app on the ones that don't have it in the bios.

Back