• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core 2 Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wait until after Christmas and get it and the CPU cheaper, I say.

I will be in the minority. Watch.

johan851 said:
Wait until after Christmas and get it and the CPU cheaper, I say.

I will be in the minority. Watch.

I already got my Conroe 6600, is the P5W the best mobo I can get? Or should I wait for the 590 nvidia?

590 nvidia chipset is crapping out at around 350fsb, where as the 965 is hitting high 400s easy. I'd say go with the p5W.

Is it worth waiting for the P965 C2 Chipset Revision? About to build a C2D system with a E6400 and wondering if waiting for the new chipset revision will eliminate some of the bugs/incompatibility issues that some folks seem to be having.

Capt_Caveman said:
Is it worth waiting for the P965 C2 Chipset Revision? About to build a C2D system with a E6400 and wondering if waiting for the new chipset revision will eliminate some of the bugs/incompatibility issues that some folks seem to be having.

meh...there's always going to be issues, until they release another platform or newer stuff. If money isn't a problem, go ahead and get it now.

Back