• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5b-D sound problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bohansen

Hello, just got my new rig set up and running, everything is going good except i'm having one problem, for some reason it wont let me have any type of sound coming out. it says i'm missing some type of audio driver... so duh i try to install the audio drivers off of the CD that the mobo came with..

BUT when i am doing that it comes up with a error saying "The HDA Audio bus driver is required and not found", i tried with the newer audio drivers off of the website and get the same thing. I searched on their website for a HDA Audio bus driver but came up with nothing. tried lookin on the forum couldnt find anything. Tried typing it in their forum search key but its being a **** and not workin for me atm..

Anyone know how i could fix this? i really wanna game! and i hate gaming with no sound! :mad:

dunnno I never used the onboard, If you cant find an answer or noone else does I will install the sound drivers and see if it works for me.

the problem is, i cant even install the sound drivers... the error pops up while installing. infact before it even installs, it "searches for installed devices" then after a while that error pops up

Ok well i checked and the HD Audio settings were enabled in the bios.. dunno whats wrong.

did you install the chipset drivers first, then install sound card drivers? what about checking the mobo for a jumper? never know might have missed needing to set a jumper for the sound, just a thought really. not sure what might be the problem.

At the BIOS, although you've enabled the "HD Audio Controller", what is the option under the "Front Panel Support Type" ? Is it "AC97" or "HD Audio" ?

Try change it and see if any different.

Ok well i tried changing the HD Audio to AC97 and still not working...gonna look into the mobo manual for something... if all else fails i'll try resetting cmos and then installing the audio drivers.

ok.. tried resetting cmos and tried to install the sound drivers... still not workin.. think starting to make me angry! grr. gonna call technical support now -_-

*bump* ... well i did more research on it and i found out that the file i need is something like kb888111 .. i found the file and tried installing it , but that didnt do anything..

anyone got any idea's? think maybe a fresh install of windows would do the trick?

if its the Sound Max thing, i had the same problem.
get the Update , turn off all the System sounds, in like safe mode or something. then install the update, is Came with the patch from MS .

the update MUST be the 4570 one, NOT the 4530 one, so you might have to look at a different boards driver set, because asus shows in the downloads a 30 for some of the bords, and the 70 is the complete fix.

MY problem was related Directally to the ATI driver instalation, which changed something, i have not tracked what it is. after ATI instaltion, the sound card fails, at everything. worked great before ati install, went to heck after ati install.

anyways Why it crashes at startup is because as soon as its hit with a sound play, it takes out the whole system with it. so do whatever you gotta do to stop the sounds.
like Disable the board in the bios, or disable it in safe mode in the device manager, or what i did was just remove the system sounds from another boot drive.

So IF that was your problem, get the sounds stopped, then update the driver (including uninstalling the old one) then turn your sounds back on.

If you had shut off AutoReboot, and instead got to see the blue screen, it would say something like Adti?.sys caused a stop E7 something.

Last edited:
where would i get those updates? not sure what patch your talkin about, i updated everything through windows update..

no i already tried that long time ago.

The problem is that it wont let me install drivers because i'm missing a HD Audio device driver from microsoft... did alot of research and found some stuff.. but nothing that i could do o_O stuff like i gotta call the manufacturer up and ****..

BUT there was this one place that i found that has these files that will install drivers that would be campatible with nearly everything , they had differnt ones for all kinds of things.. BUT LIKE A IDIOT i tried just reformatting and reinstalling windows, and i lost the link to that website... and no reformatting didnt solve the problem.. soooo now i gotta start all over again and try to find the sites that i found earlier... *sigh*

No i'm not.. apparently this problem is happening alot, and i found the site i was talkin about earlier. its called driverpacks, it slipstreams the drivers into the windows cd installation cd's and installs them when you install windows... still tryin to see how i'm supposed to do it tho o_O

I actually installed the audio drivers by accident on my first install with this rig. never had a problem, never used it.

I heard it sucks anyway by a XFI and forget about it.

i didnt have this problem on my P5W-Dh... but for some reason i couldnt get the mic to work and audio quality was ehhh alright.... i poped in my Audigy 2 value... made a front pannel harness for it an WALLA amazing perfectly crystal clear audio thats offloaded from the board.

In other words... forget about the onboard audio and get a cheap creative sound card like a SB Live 24bit or Audigy 2 value... i have both and both are amazing cards with unparalled sound quality.

i found other things that will totally hose the system too.
of course there are many possible, but one stood out as being "common"
after shifting the j-micro stuff around, and working with trying to configure the single HP-CDR Through or NOT through the jmicro, everything went to heck.
luckily i still had last good functioning.
so check further into enabled or disabled items in the BIOS?? which will temporarily stop the enumerations of things you can do without.

2 of the little hardware/driver buggers would nuke the system right after the MS logo thing (ntoskrnl) started. on a boot log , the last thing shown was MUP.
in my case, i had SPECIFICALLY changed items to run divers through differentally, so i dont expect that most people would ever see the problems.

A we know you gotta have a CD to install anything, so set the jmicro to IDE, not ACHI (or whatever its called), and install the cd under (as if you have a choice during install) normal IDE, meaning avoid the jmicro (via floppy) driver install.

you also know (probably) that a SATA drive can run on either that intel side, or the Jmicro side (through intel port) to get a drive.
i hooked up my raid via the INTEL, not the jmicro, but i did install with Jmicro as IDE via a old IDE drive and the cd, and was messing with how things route through it , when everything went bad.

so there was 3-5 ways for me to be able to install, via the Old IDE for the CD as APTI, to a SATA when set for IDE in the jmicro, on the jmicro side. or to SATA on ENHANCED (ACHI) Intel side, or to IDE on intel as IDE or raid.
and i CHOSE to just work with the OLD IDE on just the jmicro, set as IDE to get PAST the instalation nightmare, and installed drivers. ohh i am so confused. less initial drivers is best, till you get operational, then you can do a backup (clone) and have some control.

anyways, there is some way to fix what your getting, i would bet, wish you good luck.

Last edited:
Back