• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The P5N32SLI SE Deluxe Madness

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toddd240

Just to give a heads up on this board. In Newegg it says it can handle 800mhz mem. I found out this was wrong. I bought Corsair 6400 2gigs in anticipation of this board handling it. I found out it does not. I had to downclock my mem to 667 to get it to work stable.

After I did this the board turned out to be rock solid. I oc'ed my X6800 to 3.4 with ease and stability for 48 hours. Been playing BF2, doin stress tests etc. I also was able to quicken the settings on my memory because of the downclocking, which helped. My temps with watercooling never are above 36c even stressed. At stock settings for the CPU my X6800 sits idle at 5c over room temp...which is 24c.

I am anticipating that the 590 boards will support the 6400c4 corsair, but I am not getting my hopes up. I am going to try and push the cpu to 4.0 on watercooling this weekend. Wish me luck.

Back