• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

STUPID STUPID move Intel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ECS boards are fine. You have to remember that Intel boards have no OCing features built in unless its the bad axe, which I doubt ECS is gonn make. Stock boards run fine. I'm running an ECS board right now and its perfectly stable. Won't overclock to save its life but its not made for that

Intel has a reputation of reliability to maintain, and I'm sure they'll ensure that these boards are up to spec. Intel is supplying a design, after all - ECS will just be printing the boards.

ECS makes decent AMD boards..well back in the skt A days. I had a bunch of them as folding rigs without so much as a hiccup. I'll agree with dicecca as ECS boards can't oc worth a dang, but run stock very solid.

I doubt ECS will make ocing intel boards as ECS boards isn't made for the hardcore ocer. More like run stock and that's the end.

ecs boards are FINE
even today, i bult a rig w/an 805
oc'd that sucker to 3.4ghz STABLE on stock volts/cooling

Indeed, I have an ECS board that came free with my 930. Other then the onboard LAN fizzling out it's been a fine board. I even got a little bit of an overclock out of it.

And... I see Fry's is offering the same board with a C2D now...not bad for free!

d94 said:
ecs boards are FINE
even today, i bult a rig w/an 805
oc'd that sucker to 3.4ghz STABLE on stock volts/cooling

same here minus the overclocking part. friend wanted a cheap pc and the ecs mobo was the final choice for it. havent had any problems to date with it (built it around a year or so ago) but havent put much stress on it as everythings stock.

frys actually had an e6300+ecs board deal a couple days ago. You could use DDR1 memory & AGP ^_^;;

Back