• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B & OCZ not booting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

Ok so I have heard the horror stories about P5B Core 2 systems not booting when using OCZ DDR2 and I think it has happened to me as well. However I'm not sure...

1) Everything powers up fine including cpu fan, case fans and video card fan.
2) HDD lights up red but no beeps.

The monitor simply says no signal detected. I have double checked every cable both inside and out and everything is secure and in place. Video card is in the correct slot and DVI cable is fine. If the memory is bad or isn't compatible with a motherboard would I at least be able to get to BIOS or would nothing show on the screen at all as with my case?

OnDborder said:
Did you try one stick? If it boots with one stick, go into bios and set vdimm for 2.10.

No I didnt but I just bought a single 512 stick from BB and sure enough the computer booted. Thanks to the easy to use Asus EZFlash2 I was able to update the BIOS to 0614 and now the OCZ works fine and boy is my computer quick now.

Back