• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5b-vm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well i saw that board then found this one from asus
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813131044
but this board has only 1.8v dimm if its just updated to use C2D. joe was kind enough to send ss's of the bios to the above linked one before getting the C2D ready status.

i would hope that at 130 the board has more v-dimm options but that remains to be seen. If not wait for abit to release one, god i love the lg-81 ddr2-vidmm up to 2.3 on a matx board! i was like hot damn, to bad the 530j wasnt a good clocker.

i thought about getting that board you linked to just get a review out there for us ocers and those looking to update there folding farms... If you going to do it though that saves me $130 :)

i didnt like the way ewiz packed my abit ab9-pro so i wont be buying from them agian..

according to I think Victor Wang over at XS next week they are releaseing the P5B-E with 2.1 Vdimm and in October the 2.4 version. Price is 130$ at ZZF which is really good, and it can do 500FSB.

dicecca112 said:
according to I think Victor Wang over at XS next week they are releaseing the P5B-E with 2.1 Vdimm and in October the 2.4 version. Price is 130$ at ZZF which is really good, and it can do 500FSB.
yea we know but the p5b-e is not matx for sff rigs.

I just picked one...some thoughts:

Memory voltage ceiling is 1.95v so that may be a problem.

The new BIOS raises the fsb max from 400-500.

The cpu voltage can be adjusted but i won't know how much until i get some memory.

I haven't been able to test it yet it seems that raid 0 can only be accomplished by using the external Sata plug? Not a big deal but why not put it on the board instead of making user run a cable from the outside in?

The User Manual can be downloaded at the Asus site

off finding DDR2 800 with >1.95v...

P5BVM said:
I just picked one...some thoughts:

Memory voltage ceiling is 1.95v so that may be a problem.

The new BIOS raises the fsb max from 400-500.

The cpu voltage can be adjusted but i won't know how much until i get some memory.

I haven't been able to test it yet it seems that raid 0 can only be accomplished by using the external Sata plug? Not a big deal but why not put it on the board instead of making user run a cable from the outside in?

The User Manual can be downloaded at the Asus site

off finding DDR2 800 with >1.95v...
with that kind of low volts for ddr2 you want to get this mem here
http://www.tankguys.biz/ddr2-3338-p-1692.html
i wonder what is up with the $430 price tag they use to have it listed at $255.
well in any case here is what that ram is doing with 1.9v
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110839

Not sure if i'm feelin the $485 tag on those suckers...but nice anyways. Those sticks are awesome. The odd thing is that Asus lists some recommended sticks but after searching the internet most sticks either don't operate at those voltages or i get a in production status...

The big problem with this board is that there is no PCI lock available.
So, overlocking is a no go here atm.

See asus forums posts here and here.

I bought a Highpoint 2310 RAID Controller, and will build the system this weekend properly.

Too bad Asus gives us 500MHz FSB while you can't even overlock further then 10MHz due too the lack of a PCI lock.

Back