• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me with my situation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hypertek

Ok so I had got my system up and installed xp pro.

Specs
gigabyte 965-s3
7900gt ko
seagate 320gig 7200.10 sata hd
generic 512 ddr2 533 I think *to get the system going*
pentium d 805
watercooling

Ok my delima... I had everything fine, didnt have too much installed on the hd. Watercool setup working great. updated bios to f4 thru windows. and I decided I needed to get it to 4gig (since I bought a used cpu and the guy had it up to 4gig no problem). had it at 200fsb and it eventually got errors in windows. I thought maybe it just needed to up the voltage a little bit. Ok so i got really greedy and tried the FSB for 210, which was like 4.2 gig, and up the voltage to 1.4 *which is what about the previous ownder had the cpu at* It gets to the windows loading screen, then bam blue screen of death...

At that point i realize I should take it easy and put it back to stock clocks, so i set defaults in the bios. I try booting, As soon as it gets to the windows loading screen, it restarts..

I cant figure it out, I cleard the cmos, removed the little battery. tried resetting bios, nothing.

So then i had this crazy idea to try to overclock just a slight bit since maybe the system didnt have enough voltage to get it going. (for some reason). and i probably set the fsb to around 150 or so, and when i try to boot. .i get this bios screen "resetting bios". I guess that means something wasnt working. After that, nothing.. computer turns on and no signal to the screen.

Im waiting for my 2x 1gig ddr2 800 ocz platnum sticks to arrive thru fedex. I thought maybe i might have ruined this generic stick i bought.

Im stuck here, dont know what to do. My older systems have been more forgiving to bios experimenting.

Thinnk if I leave the cmos battery out it may clear? Is there any way to blind flash these new motherboards thru a boot disk?

what psu? The only times i have known the pc to just restart on you. is possible PSU or bad oc. Since you have had it do it at stock it might also be the vdimm is to high for the ram or the timings are to tight.

Back