• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit mobo problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fade2black2004@

Registered
OK i got an Abit NI8 SLI motherboard and i have a pentium 945, Seagate 250GB HD, 6200 VGA, 512 Corsair XMS2, and a Antec 650 watt PSU.

when i turn on the computer and insert thewindows disk it goes to hte beginning of the setup and then ust completley freezes. my mobo has a little led screen on it that displays numbers and letters and as soon as it frezzes it says FF. any one know how to fix this?

Thanks in Advance.

Which setup screen are you talking about??? The BIOS post screen, or the blue Windows setup screen???

First thing I would do is make sure your heatsink for your CPU is sitting flush and making good contact...

yea reseat he HS and also load defualts in the bios. not able to put my finger on it but there is setting or something else causeing this, if the hs is in fact making good contact.

Back