• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Deluxe Ram Timing Quetions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jim Morbid

Hello OC Guru's

I'm rocking a Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi AP with an E6600. So far, with BIOS 0614 I'm sitting at at FSB367x9 stable and am quite happy with that but my RAM timings are bothering me. I'm using a 1Gig Kingston Hyper-X DDR2-750 (KHX6000D2) which Kingston markets as having a CAS of 4 and 4-4-4-12-1 timings. My question is, I'm faced with this when I disable the Northbridge settings:

timings.gif

What the hell goes where! :bang head

I've locked the Dram clock to 734 (FSBx2) so it shouldn't have any problems hitting those timings and I'm pushing 2.05 volts through the RAM.

Thanks!

JM

yo can potentially knock TRFC down to 25, i dont know what i am doing, but i tested that, and it still functioned.
and write recovery to 4 also.

the last 4 that are set for 10, i think are to high, as they are set that way ALSO when the ram is having added wait to it, for stablitiy.

like OnDborder said , if shes working then leave it, because i am testing reducing the waits there, and not getting really far.
ram speed also not changing much.

i should shut up, because i checked in on this thread, to see if sombody knew :) cause i dont.
to dang many buttons, good thing it isnt an award bios.

Thanks for all the info and words of wisdom guys! I was also wondering, what is a safe voltage on those mem sticks> I've heard people say 2.2v but the motherboard reports the numbers as Red (Red for "Really, wtf do you think your doing with that entry?") when I go over 2.0 volts

JM

i wouldn't even think of sending anything less than 2.25 volts at my ram. Don't be scared away by a little red text =)

Mine are rated for 2.10, which is in the "red".. I can do 2.15 but at 2.25 it flakes out.. I guess they don't like too much voltage.
In other words, it's ok to run in the red if need be. I always run a 80mm case fan over my ram to keep em cooler..

Are these your ram sticks? http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=829 Rated at 1.9. You could run some tests to see the temp limit on those sticks.

You can run a couple of bench's like memtest, prime, ortho, etc. Find your max/stable. Then bump up the voltage a notch at a time until your stable max isn't stable.
For instance, when I had mine up to [email protected], I tried 2.25 and failed prime pretty quickly. The conclusion was my ram couldn't take the heat at 2.25..
Some ram can take more voltage than others though.
Also do a search on your ram here in OCF and maybe XtremeSystems http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/index.php? . Someone might have some experience already with your Kingstons..

Back