• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B asus Jmicro, Jgogo Jraid Fail MUP.exe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psycogeec

Please ignore this, it is just information, so if somone searchs they can find it.

Dont ask me:
there is one more HUGE problem a person can have with a p5b deluxe.
i will TRY and explain it, again, i dont UNDERSTAND any of it, but i had this problem, and have a solution to it.

Backup your system before messing with or installing Jmicro raid drivers:
WHen you install the Jmicro raid parts and pieces, a thing called JGOGO.sys CAN (meaning not always) become a filter driver on the INTEL side, when you try and remove the JMICRO , OR JGOGO.sys (manuallly) it is still in the INTEL enumerations for the intel side of the raid driver.
(dont ask me where how or why)

What it dont do:
soo, if you dont have a Sound problem from the atidt.sys, and you still cannot get a good boot from winders (XPpro for me) you cannot boot in safe, or vga, or even net, or even command prompt, Safe isnt safe anymore.

What it dodo:
what you see, when you see the drivers, loading in safe mode, the last thing you see is MUP.exe.. now MUP itself is NEVER the problem when you see it last, it is usually some driver that was trying to load AFTER that.
so a MUP seen last, can be sound drivers, storage (type) drivers, or other first in the sequence of disk type drivers.
you cannot get a boot.log because there is nowhere to store it, its to early, you cant get into safe, because safe includes these things.
your system is basically hosed, but nothing is lost.
so if you had MUP.exe as the last item enumerated on THIS board, then the Jgogo MIGHT be the problem. and there are many ways it could be.
you could have deleted Jgogo.sys, you could have one bad registry entry, you could have attempted a uninstall, and some entry was not included in the uninstall.
the name of THIS particular Jmicro info is js56nen.inf

What you do to fix it:
Well i didnt get that far, i have a backup, and just bring it back in, and fixed it there.
the "fix" (like many of mine) are to tear the parts and pieces out of the registry. the NOT-fix is to delete the drivers Before removing them from the registry.

If you have a way to edit the registry OUTSIDE of the system, then just tear out the parts and pieces, Jraid, Jgogo, and whatever else you can see in the Jmicros INI file.

More thoughts:
it seems that these SCSI (type) drivers are enumerated SOO early, and are so "critical" that you must remove thier existance from the enumerations, as "Safe" modes will still try and fire them up.

it seems that it may have been possible to remove the filter driver from intel, by removing just that part, but i instead removed the whole dang thing, and reinstalled it fresher. V6.10

What do the creaters say:
INTEL does indicate, that thier driver has an ISSUE , in thier latest upgrade , you can see it in the READ-Me , that it can cause problems they havent fixed yet.
i think that it may be the problem, and NOT really thier problem per-say.
how would they know some parasite had attached itself :) (filter thing).

Does this mean Jmicro is bad:
Heck no, the jmicro works just fine, whatever they were doing, was all working ok, till I messed with it.
it was totally my fault, and i will do it again :)
it is just something that if you get its de-instlation out of order, or change drivers without seeing what is there, or lose a file, or something odd and not normal.
if anyone can do something to hoe the system i can :) so i am NEVER saying that INTEL or JMICRO or thier parts and pieces do not work.
this is just information to help users like me who are screwed.

again, this is ONLY for information, your system is not destroyed, there is nothing wrong with your board, and its just some kind of conflict and driver issue.

Last edited:
here is what a Bootlog of that section looks like

Service Pack 2 9 18 2006 21:36:16.375
Loaded driver \WINDOWS\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe
Loaded driver \WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
Loaded driver \WINDOWS\system32\KDCOM.DLL
Loaded driver \WINDOWS\system32\BOOTVID.dll
Loaded driver ACPI.sys
Loaded driver \WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\WMILIB.SYS
Loaded driver pci.sys
Loaded driver isapnp.sys
Loaded driver pciide.sys
Loaded driver \WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\PCIIDEX.SYS
Loaded driver MountMgr.sys
Loaded driver ftdisk.sys
Loaded driver dmload.sys
Loaded driver dmio.sys
Loaded driver PartMgr.sys
Loaded driver VolSnap.sys
Loaded driver atapi.sys
Loaded driver iaStor.sys
Loaded driver jraid.sys
Loaded driver \WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\SCSIPORT.SYS
Loaded driver disk.sys
Loaded driver \WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.SYS
Loaded driver fltmgr.sys
Loaded driver Fastfat.sys
Loaded driver KSecDD.sys
Loaded driver NDIS.sys
Loaded driver ohci1394.sys
Loaded driver \WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\1394BUS.SYS
Loaded driver Mup.sys <--- see this is why the last thing you see is MUP
Loaded driver JGOGO.sys <---- the NEXT driver after that, does NOT have to be this one, if you see MUP though as the last thing, the next item WHATEVER it is, is probably the real problem.
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ati2mtag.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\HDAudBus.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\usbuhci.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\yk51x86.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\ASACPI.sys
Loaded driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys
- - - - - - trundicated -- - - -

hey,

so what happens if all you did was plug an ipod in and now the computer won't load? when i try to load in safe mode the last driver is jgogo.sys.

Congrats! This forum thread was the first link to show up when I googled for "jgogo.sys." I'm currently in the process of moving a rather large company to a new building and one of their systems seemed to have developed this problem on a Gigabyte P35 board "during the move." I haven't come up with a solution yet since I literally found the problem 5 minutes ago though. I'm just bumping and subscribing to this thread so I can look it up later.

This fixed mine

Symptoms...
System was very slow to start, if it started at all.
Never got error, mouse would occasionally stop when drive light was on.
(every 30 seconds or so)
Safe Mode stopped booting with JGOGO.SYS as the last showing.
Couldn't access CD drive.

Replaced the SATA cable to my 250gig HD, No help.

Replaced the SATA cable to my CD drive. System works fine now.

Maybe just the CD drive cable was bad. But I'm leaving both new cables on.

Good luck, Hope this helps someone.

Back