• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thegamer36

Registered
Hey peeps, I am in the process of putting to gether a new Conroe system.

Here are the specs so far:

Asus P5W DH DLX
Intel E6600
ATI X1950XTX
Raptor Harddrives in RAID 0

The system will be water cooled.

I am looking for suggestions on what would be the best memory to get for this combination.

Thanks.

I am willing to spend about $400.00 for 2GB of memory. I am looking for good memory that will overclock well with the setup above.

Thanks.

This memory here is prolly a better choice if you want a guaranteed overclock - http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=85026-3&ps=ho1

Guaranteed for 1000+mhz 5-5-5-15 ...

And if you want cheaper, teamgroup "d9gmh" 333mhz 3-3-3-8 http://www.tankguys.biz/ddr2-3338-p-1676.html?osCsid=c6b3a2f3cf1afe352539672de6398c0e

The team group stuff has been giving outstanding results, most people get 550mhz or more with 2.3-2.4v

Both are a good choice, both are a variant of micron d9

Good luck :beer:

I agree with wattz. Why spend $400 if you don't have to? BTW, I didn't realize that memory had gone up in price again.

I do not necessarily want to spend $400, that is my upper limit. I am looking for the best memory for the cheapest price of course. :)

Last edited:
I went with Crucial Ballistix PC6400 2gb they were going for $200 after rebate in the beginning but once demand increase resellers increased price on them.

Anyone using 2gig sticks? Can they be OCed?

That's the only way to get the 8GB max out of these boards if you wanted to build a budget single socket workstation/gaming rig.

Let's think about it for a second. I can tell you from first hand experience, the P5W DH is not going to run 1:1 much over DDR2-800 or 400FSB. PC6400 should be more then adequite.

If I was you, spend less money on the memory(269.00 gets a 2x1gb kit of the gskill 6400), and get a better MB, like the P5W64, or even the P5B Deluxe if you are not runing Crossfire.. The P5W DH is nice and dandy, I run it, but it's not going to clock more then 425FSB STABLE.

RangerXLT8 said:
If I was you, spend less money on the memory(269.00 gets a 2x1gb kit of the gskill 6400), and get a better MB, like the P5W64, or even the P5B Deluxe if you are not runing Crossfire..
New ati 6.9 cat driver suppose support Crossfire on 965 chipest

Stilletto said:
Gskill has major compatibility issues with Asus p5w dh. I went with crucial ballistix 2x1gb. It's even on the tested memory from Asus.

Really! Certain G Skill or all G Skill? What is your source of info?

I've only heard of people having problems with OCZ mem and the p5w. Luckily my platinum pc6400 worked.

Back