• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p5b delux isn't starting up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corex264

Registered
all my fans r working and cd drive works but i can't boot up into bias even diplay on 2 diff monitors don't work. i am using gskill 800mhz ram and x1900xt

Last edited:
corex264 said:
all my fans r working and cd drive works but i can't boot up into bias even diplay on 2 diff monitors don't work. i am using gskill 800mhz ram and x1900xt

Clear CMOS with the jumper. MAke sure power cord is unplugged.

well it's a fresh system it has never booted at all. tried the cmos thing didn't work:( heres what i have

24" 244t lcd/mozart case/2 gb of gskill pc6400 4 cas/e6600 cpu /asus p5b delux/g7 logitech mouse/2x sata2 320 gigs 2x 500gb usb2/2x x1900xt 512mb/thermaltake 750watt psu/thermal right ultra 120 heatsink with 110 cfm fan/8x 120mm 78 cfm 21db case fans 120mm/

Did you plug in the 8 pin power connector to the board? Also check the stand-offs, the board maybe grounded. I'm not sure with the ram but try a different one, maybe your gskill wont boot at the default 1.8v

Sounds like memory issue, under ide connector there is a sticker with bios version. If you have early version might not work until it is flashed to newer or you may need to get to bios and adjust memory votlage. Anyways you might try other memory.

Try one stick of ram in.
If it works, go into bios, raise the voltage up to 2.1, turn off computer, pull power cord, put the other stick of ram in, put power cord back in,and restart..

Back