• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So the official answer to Aw9-d Max vs waiting for 590 is?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey all i have been tooling around the net asking about the up comming 590 chipset board and the current AW9D-Max it appears to me that it is not worth waiting for 590 due to its lack luster overclocking performance.

Should I be waiting or trying to get my hands on an AW9D-Max

i dont want to buy a new mobo and then have a better one come along right away

thanks in advance

Nick59007 said:
i dont want to buy a new mobo and then have a better one come along right away

But thats how it works. Id buy the Aw9-d max. Nforce chipsets suck for ocing, Trust me i own one. I'd just get a stout vid card and get a Aw9-d max. Or wait for the Fatal1ty Ver. If its not already out.

so the new features in the 590 chipset like packet priority etc are not really worth the wait?

im am so itching to buy a comp because a few months ago my opteron system fried so i have been using a back up pos for a while now im getting sick of it

i guess when newegg gets more stock ill be ordering an AW9D-Max

unless anyone disagrees with that decision

thanks

question

my question is, HOW do people know that it won't clock well? Is it just because the nForce series? the 570 series? who's to say/know that the 590 won't be better? I don't understand how people are concluding this when it's not even out yet. I mean, I LIKE to believe that, so I could just go ahead and buy something now, but I need more proof than just an "estimate" based on "previouso track record."

Just based on its track record, alone.

My nforce Chipset wouldnt be soo bad if i could put more power to it. (bios has no option)

But you know I'd prolly would buy an Asus Crosshair. (but not to oc)

treatmentx said:
my question is, HOW do people know that it won't clock well? Is it just because the nForce series? the 570 series? who's to say/know that the 590 won't be better? I don't understand how people are concluding this when it's not even out yet. I mean, I LIKE to believe that, so I could just go ahead and buy something now, but I need more proof than just an "estimate" based on "previouso track record."

XS.. they have been benched already, It didn't clock well.

Back